124»

Comments

• gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124
    Did the new 2012 patch fix MP?
    Weimdog
  • SarikadujaSarikaduja Member Posts: 17
    gfm50 said:

Did the new 2012 patch fix MP?

It smoothed the multiplayer a little bit, but did not fix it. Most users still have the same issues.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @Sarikaduja - Can you be more specific? I haven't seen any new posts about multiplayer issues.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    The 2012 patch should fix the majority of the remaining de-synchronization on area travel issues.

If people are still experiencing it, then we need some more information as we haven't been able to reproduce them in-house.

It's possible (unlikely, but possible) that due to previous problems it might only be fixed in new games, so, if anyone is still experiencing problems would they be kind enough to try it in a brand new, fresh, un-modded game and let me know what issues they do experience?
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    @Cerevant, I think he's talking about matchmaking/connectivity.

@Sarikaduja, We've been told on Twitter that matchmaking is something on the drawing board and will be implemented if/when possible (should resolve most outstanding multiplayer issues). It will take time and is always going to be second to fixing immediate bugs.
  • SarikadujaSarikaduja Member Posts: 17
    Improvements I have witnessed - character teleportation is not that often anymore (I don't mean lag, I've literally seen countless times how my friends characters are on the other side of the map, sometimes even on unexplored parts), attacking animation (for the host as well as those who have joined) is still persistent, but that's really not an issue.

I also made a post about connectivity issue no one else seems to have or know anything about. So far ith as not been noticed by the devs either it seems. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14354/multiplayer-sometimes-connects-sometimes-does-not#latest .

Don't get me wrong, the mentioned probles are still there (even with a fresh game), just rarer. Connectivity issues however have not gone rarer in any way.
    @Sarikaduja thanks for reporting this, glad to hear a lot of the other issues are clearing up a bit - is anyone else experiencing similar issues to @Sarikaduja?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @Nathan: I've seen & reported the multiplayer attack animation (1552) and his other problem might be related to the reconnect issue I reported (1502). I'll follow up on his bumped thread.
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    @Nathan, I'm also experiencing the random attack animation in multiplayer, as is everyone I've played with. Haven't played long enough sessions to test random dropouts--- yet.
    Yep, the attack animation is a known issue - we wanted to solve the bigger stuff first before we mess with it further.
  • DeioDeio Member Posts: 23
    We continued playing our game yesterday and we didnt experience a single crash when changing zones (we play as a 3-man party without using Hamachi) We only crashed a single time (when saving, for unkown reasons) so it was definetily the smoothest session we've had so far.

The patch also improved the UI aswell as the graphics drastically, so it feels like a huge hit so far ^^
    edited January 2013
    CerevantCrevsDaak
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Yep, I posted the bug with the attack animation here before: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11461/multiplayerminor-graphical-attack-animations-playing-outside-of-combat-on-client-machines#latest
    It is still occurring.

Then we have the problems with the conversation window. 2 bugs when you speak with an NPC in multiplayer game:
    - The window jumps too high, it removes a great portion of the game field.
    - The text jumps too low, you can't see the first phrase, you have to scroll up in all conversations.

Then we have the infamous problem with missing movies what are causing freeze in multiplayer games. Despite of this announcement and advertisement still on the main webpage:
    "New Cinematics
    All of the Baldur's Gate cinematics have been replaced with beautifully hand painted animated cinematics, directed by Nat Jones."

Thanks for reading.
    @Sese79 I just sent an e-mail, we'll update the vernacular on the website.

The attack animation and chat window problems are known.

r.e. the movies in a multiplayer game, I was under the impression that in the latest build (2012) those issues were mostly fixed. Are there any that are outstanding, still?
    Thank you. I wonder if the missing sundown / sunset movies are still causing problems in the multiplayer.
    Nathan said:

@Sese79 I just sent an e-mail, we'll update the vernacular on the website.

The attack animation and chat window problems are known.

r.e. the movies in a multiplayer game, I was under the impression that in the latest build (2012) those issues were mostly fixed. Are there any that are outstanding, still?

Yep, there are the missing sunset / sunrise movies still causing problems. Checked in Multiplayer yesterday.
    Okay, what kind of problems are they causing, and is it still a problem in the new build? I need a case that I can reproduce the issue with.
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    @Nathan as mentioned in this thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8420/workaround-unpausing-multiplayer-game-doesnt-work/p1

It was so long time ago that my link with the save doesn't work anymore so here is another one should work in the same way (wait 1-2 in-game hours) and the game will try to access daynite (or niteday), the most important case is to play it with somebody else in multiplayer (singleplayer doesn't have the issue)
  • willbowillbo Member Posts: 7
    2x MAC OSX ver 2014 trying to connect via hamachi. No problem getting to character generation screen and chatting. Hangs, then boots player when the opening spiel begins. Same situation for entering into a saved game. Bug re-creatable irrespective who who hosts/joins.
  • MinihendoMinihendo Member Posts: 1
    Me and my borther are trying to sort a game out and we manage to connect to each other but as soon as the game starts we are unable to move and the screen is frozen, yet we are able to view the inventory etc
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    @Minihendo

When you first start a game, it is paused. Try unpausing the game first. I had this issue and it took me about 10-15mins to figure out what was going on. Good luck & hope this helps.
  • PimpmustPimpmust Member Posts: 1
    Me and a buddy is trying to start a game, but are having issues with the host crashing when I try to connect.

I (joiner) can see the game in the server list.
    When I try to connect I get the usual "joining session" which goes on until the host crashes (but that doesn't stop the "joining session" message for me).
    The host gets a error message:
    Runtime error!
    [Program installation folder]
    R6025
    - pure virtual function call.

FuRY
  • BowenBeowulfBowenBeowulf Member Posts: 2
    I looked through the known multiplayer issues and I didnt see the problem I'm having, but I may have over looked it, but here goes...A friend and I both downloaded BG:EE so we could play online while he's out on the road, but every time we've tried joining each others games, either the game crashes completely, or we get to the Character Arbritration screen where it sits for a few seconds and then get booted to the main menu with the "Multiplayer session has ended" message...we even tried connecting by TCP/IP, and still the same bs...we've been itching to play through BG1 and BG2, so any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated...
  • James_HarrisonJames_Harrison Member Posts: 6
    Hi!

New here and not quite sure of the process I'm to go to to report a bug/issue for multiplayer; I've read thing, but being quite un-techinical am not sure of the protocol and where you want me to put it (because it needs to be "discussed..." these are possibly not bugs, just observations, so here we go:

1)
    Computer A, Steam, Win7
    Computer B, Beamdog, Win 8

If Computer A has the BGEE.exe set to Win 95 comparability mode Baldur's Gate Freeze-Crashes upon attempting to Join Computer B's game or Computer B attempting to join Computer A's game.

Normal: It shouldn't crash :-)

Switching off compatibility mode resolves this problem.

2) Steam, Win 7

If I set my protocol to TCP/IP mode I only have the option of "Create Game", "Protocol" and "Cancel". I do not have a button for "Join Game". However the blank 'top right' button can be pressed, allowing me to enter the hosts address.

Normal: The top right button should say "Join Game"

Thanks, Hope this helps! Awesome Game by the way!
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    Here's a bag bug found just a few days ago... So I'm playing from USA with a Czech friend so the connection isn't always the best we could hope for. For whatever reason he loses connection to me several times a session. The bug is that when he logs back on he character is missing xp... like quite a lot (thousands of points). Not sure why this is because we save often and when he loses connection I stop the game completely until he's back in. I looked all over the forums but saw no mention of this one. Anybody heard of this?