Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase III

1111213141517»

Comments

• NoobaccaNoobacca Member Posts: 139
    Bercon said:

14 Level A bugs include crashes and bugs that stop the progression of the entire game.
    37 Level B bugs are quest-stopping bugs or bugs that are very clearly and visibly wrong.
    148 Level C bugs aren't quest-breaking, but are clearly incorrect.

That's 199 reported and verified bugs.

Is there a list of these bugs somewhere?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014
    Noobacca said:

Bercon said:

14 Level A bugs include crashes and bugs that stop the progression of the entire game.
    37 Level B bugs are quest-stopping bugs or bugs that are very clearly and visibly wrong.
    148 Level C bugs aren't quest-breaking, but are clearly incorrect.

That's 199 reported and verified bugs.

Is there a list of these bugs somewhere?
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26099/the-consolidated-reported-issues-thread-please-read-before-posting-spoiler-warning

One of those appears to be an issue specific to BGEE only (the staff instead of dagger in tutorial issue). At least I'm assuming that the Ipad version of BG2EE (like the PC/Mac version) doesn't have the same tutorial that is present in BGEE. But other than that certainly the rest seem like they are in the right place.
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    edited June 2014
    So 2 Months?! Kidding me?! Mr. Oster said "hope is to have" = no guarantee
    Edit: He said with "soon"!

So begins

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... ... ... and go on!
    Post edited by Daralon87 on
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    bengoshi said:

And finally we have time estimation for the BG2:EE patch release:

Hmm... Interesting. So when will be the 1.3 patch for BG:EE released? Is there any information?
  • NoobaccaNoobacca Member Posts: 139
    Never thought I'd ever say this, but thanks @elminster‌ !
  • OtakuOtaku Member Posts: 42
    edited June 2014
    Hoo said:

bengoshi said:

Hmm... Interesting. So when will be the 1.3 patch for BG:EE released? Is there any information?
    i dont know why but i think all 1.3 patches release to the same time ..... End this Year :-D
    Post edited by Otaku on
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    bengoshi said:

And in related news Hell-TV's long-term weather forecast predicts an unpredecented cold front coming in with a chance of frost in September...
  • KhoryaceKhoryace Member Posts: 79
    Khoryace said:

So I was right with the couple months afterall.

Quoting myself because I called it long ago lol.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    You know nothing, I was right!
    "I would aim at the beginning of May, since all Roads started at the beginnig of each month and 1 May will be exactly half of the year since patch 1.2. "
    Oh... wait....
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Where's the patch?!#^*#@&~#%
  • TheSargeTheSarge Member Posts: 20
    elminster said:

DarkDogg said:

Where's the patch?!#^*#@&~#%

Unfortunately it seems like the casting of it is rather extensive endeavor. The scroll for it should be found and it should be learned and castable in 60 or less days.
    Yes, the mages at the Tower Of Overhaul are hard at work gathering reagents, copying scrolls, and drawing their incredibly intricate circle-of-patchings. They require much gold to do this, so go buy one of their games. BGEE and BGIIEE are both 50% off the regular price in the market square in ye olde town of Steam so if you don't own one of those go buy it now, by Torm!
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Mokona said:

See you nerds in 2 months.

No Mokona, you are the nerds.
    Mass Effect?!
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Daralon87 said:

Mass Effect?!

Irrelevant

This delay is pointless
    Collectors!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 108
    @Sergio‌ Except new patches can break previously working mods, which the authors will then need to update to get working again. Or new patches can fix bugs affecting old mods. For example, the BG1NPC project has two (what I guess to be major-ish) bugs that can only be fixed by an update to the game engine. That update is happening in patch 1.3.

So yes, people should care if the patch takes a lot of time to come out. I'm sure Beamdog has their reasons for not releasing the patch. However, as I'm on the outside looking in, it doesn't make any sense to me why they don't release smaller patches to fix content bugs, and then bigger engine-fixing patches on a slower schedule. We'd probably be in the same place we are with BG:EE, but the people waiting for BG2:EE to be playable* to their standards would be happier with their purchase.

* Not having played BG2:EE yet, I don't know if it's actually broken. Just basing that statement off of the complaints in the forum.
  • VikingRVikingR Member Posts: 88
    So we're 8 months after release. Still no patch? Are they even working on the Enhanced Editions anymore?
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited June 2014
    Just some basic info...
    With the release of this patch (1.3), are the developers going to improve the overall stability of the game?
    I mean, the so called AoE spells ( striking cloud, Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, prismatic spray, Death Spell, Death Fog, Color Spray, Cloudkill, etc...) still lag the game ( especially on old devices like my iPad 2 ( version 1.2) ) ...
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • NexusNexus Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2014
    That's cool, all I wanted know. I have some time to break from RPG's (finishing another run in dragon age) Then I wanted to switch strategy games for awhile before I do my first ever run through on BGII.

Now I just need to find a strat game to play in the mean time.

EDIT: Ugh, I just realized that puts it coming out same time as wasteland2, I hate doing 2 RPG's at the same time. Ah well, W2 will probably need a few months of patching anyways so I guess I can schedule it downstream form BG2.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    BG2:EE patch will be out in the next two months, does this time frame apply for BG1:EE 1.3 patch as well??
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We're pushing a beta update now. Read all about it in Phase IV: Seal of Approval!
This discussion has been closed.