Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase III

Comments

• Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    edited May 2014
    Im not enjoying to wait over 1 1/2 Years for the next Patch 1.4 or maybe 2.0, Teammembers ur Supports are awesome! But please, release more little Patches and Fixes. I'm playing now "the Black Pits" with the funny Drow names Baeloth...
    Baeloth has fallen with the middle difficult, i´m not wondering about the good party mixing, 1 Monk, 1 Barbarian, 1 Archer, 1 Dwarfen Defender, 1 Kensai and 1 Cleric/Illusionist! The Beholder at the backroom gaves me any wisdoms and i has been understood this (thinking: Winter has coming/Games of Thrones... no i´m fool, this were the Ice-Salamanders and they´re overslashed by my party, for one minute later... the fastet slashing i feels... awesome joking!)

So i want to asking when released it with an Date not with SOON! Nearly at World Cup *remember about Gandalf* or earlier... no not saying, because ur Server of Doom were been shutdowning and all of us are to shitstorming about this failed Server of Doom! So let us surprising this...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Otaku said:

uuh thats a joke or ? yes its cost not so much, yes Beamdog patch that game right after that "long" time.... But i have not pay money for a beta game ... have you this ? is it for you not a problem give your money for a beta game and wait a long time to use it with all feature ? not realy or .... sorry.... if people write that make me angry.

I don't know if it is whether my mid-level english skills or something else, but I don't get a thing from that comment.
  • OtakuOtaku Member Posts: 42

Translation:

Uhh, is that a joke? Yeah its cheap, and yeah, Beamdog patched the game immediately after release but I didn't spend money to play the beta version of this game, how about you? Do you care that you spent money on a game that should still be in beta phase, and have to wait a long time before all features are implemented and bugs fixed? I doubt it. Sorry, if you say you did—that makes me angry.

thx for the translation. i know my english is very very bad (and bing translation is not a help)
    edited May 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

I don't know if it is whether my mid-level english skills or something else, but I don't get a thing from that comment.

B/c i saw him in German Category and myself speaks it too. Don´t flaming him... it´s german grammatic in english Version. A bit open minded in your brain (smoking any Ganja is too much open minded and hypnotized urself. ;-) ) and it would be understanding.

Myself makes for the time in absent-minded some lots of grammar mistakes (sry)... translated thinking is very difficult. *smoking Old Toby*
    Post edited by Daralon87 on
  • MoravenMoraven Member Posts: 8
    lanlyn said:

Moraven said:

please close the forum, shut down Beamdog and sell the rights on Baldurs Gate to another company.
    Doenst matter what company, will getting better anyway.

stop being so melodramatic. The game works fine. I have been playing 60+ plus and encountered zero problems .
    i bought the game for android and cant play cause there are high performance lags with Nexus 10.

But beamdogs sells it with the hint: "you can use ith with any android device with 5inch ore more.

Problem with Nexus 10 was known before selling in Play Store but there is still no hint!

And now there are no updates to fix the problem.

so im not melodramatic, im just pissed cause i bought a product who doesnt function!!

• HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    It's been a year and a half since launch. I'd say don't worry about new features and just focus on the bugs. I'd rather get a fully functional game now and wait for new features much later. I know you are sending new features to compensate for the bug fixing wait but I feel you could be accomplishing so much more by purely fixing bugs.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

(At first, Spookluke89 asked if BG2:EE for Android is coming soon, so by "it" he probably means the Android version)

• KhoryaceKhoryace Member Posts: 79
    So their soon means a few months guys.
  • BeridelBeridel Member Posts: 35

Shot between the eyes with an Arrow of Positivity +3.

Oh god, the colors! Memories of MUDs are flooding back into my mind... This can't be good...

• EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378

Khoryace said:

So their soon means a few months guys.

Shot between the eyes with an Arrow of Positivity +3.

Khoryace is at -6 hit points and is bleeding. He will require healing to patch his wound.

Love it! :-D Heey, the arrows worked on me!! :-D
  • mguarcemguarce Member Posts: 2
    HI guys. This question may be off topic here...I apologize if this is true...
    I have the BG EE version 1.2.0 form Beamdog and I was wondering whether I can download and install some patch or update to fix some several issues I'm having with dialogs...Thanks!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    mguarce said:

HI guys. This question may be off topic here...I apologize if this is true...
    I have the BG EE version 1.2.0 form Beamdog and I was wondering whether I can download and install some patch or update to fix some several issues I'm having with dialogs...Thanks!

You can sign up to get access to the beta patches here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30515/sign-up-for-beta-access-windows-mac-only

They may or may not address your particular issue. I really don't know.
  • OtakuOtaku Member Posts: 42
    waiting waiting waiting for the Patch .... the life is to short :-(
  • Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    The patch really isnt much to celebrate, dont know why all this fuss over a minor patch and the minor enhancement it will bring.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    I also think this patch is no big deal - few bugs fixes and minor enhancements. Personaly i'm waiting for it only to start new run with NPCProject installed, but i think in this rate i will start it without the patch. For me this game runs perfecly, so far I didnt noticed any big bugs (not counting still clumsy journal).
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I'm a little confused about some of the notes for the patch. I've read all the phases as well as some of the commentary in the threads for them, and can't quite figure out. Are there going to be any content additions, such as maybe a new quest line, or a new unique NPC or perhaps new multi classes or a new race (Still waiting futilely for Aasimar and Tieflings)?

I wouldn't be upset if it were just bug fixes, but I am a bit concerned about progress, granted I can see that this would take long doing it all across four different platforms, it's just that when i go over to BG NPC project, there's SO much progressing and update there, that it just seems interesting for a comparison between something people get paid to do, and things that volunteers are completing.

Of course now I sound like someone who complains too much. I really am just remarking at the differences, as I'm sure there are several things I may not be aware of, and I am certain that Beamdog is heavily concerned about releasing polish to a product that others have paid for :)
    edited May 2014
    Etamin said:

I also think this patch is no big deal - few bugs fixes and minor enhancements. Personaly i'm waiting for it only to start new run with NPCProject installed, but i think in this rate i will start it without the patch. For me this game runs perfecly, so far I didnt noticed any big bugs (not counting still clumsy journal).

I'm not waiting for this brightly polished edition.

I'm waiting for another languages, Beamdog keeped this promise!

@Xavioria‌ "Tiefling" or Aasimar calls very germanian.

BG2 from 1998 has never used this underraces by human this was for 3rd D&D-Edition. Its only by IWD 2 emerged, because Tiefling and Aasimar realized by the 4th. D&D-Edition. So closed enough.

Post edited by Daralon87 on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Xavioria said:

I'm a little confused about some of the notes for the patch. I've read all the phases as well as some of the commentary in the threads for them, and can't quite figure out. Are there going to be any content additions, such as maybe a new quest line, or a new unique NPC or perhaps new multi classes or a new race (Still waiting futilely for Aasimar and Tieflings)?

Its mostly probably going to be just bug fixes and hopefully adding in the quick loot bar/feature. Plus a few more things like changing how known/not known spells are coloured in your inventory (compared to 1.2 I mean).

There is also the new feature that Dee mentioned on page 5 (the specifics of which have not yet been revealed).

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Moraven said:

please close the forum, shut down Beamdog and sell the rights on Baldurs Gate to another company.
    Doenst matter what company, will getting better anyway.

And then the game was bought by LJN. :(
  • marrowjmarrowj Member Posts: 28
    L,,,,,,J,,,,,,N aaaaarrghhh, pleeaasee noooo,,,,, memorys of horrible gaaaeeeemmemmmssss comming baaaaack aaaaaaaahh!

• killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    Zymran86 said:

The patch really isnt much to celebrate, dont know why all this fuss over a minor patch and the minor enhancement it will bring.

It's as much about showing that the Devs are still supporting the game / this isn't a dead project / etc and etc.

• Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    So, if its only the patch they will show/give you, you will be happy?, no offence intended.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited June 2014
    I'm not sure what you mean. Support is support. This game is good enough on its own merits. I just want the best version of it that they can put out there. They seem to be doing that, but it is taking a bit longer than I'd hoped. That doesn't mean I think they've failed. Far from it, actually. I play BGEE daily and can't think of the last bug I ran into. What I really hope we see is official support for the quick-loot feature. It's BG2EE that I've shelved for the time being. I'm happy that this patch will do a lot of the leg-work for BG2EE, but I won't be playing that again until it's patched as well. BGEE is playable for me now. BG2EE is as well, but to a lesser extent. The new content is pretty buggy, in my experience.
    Any extra DLC/expansion material is nice, and I would consider purchasing it, but that's not really my primary concern as a consumer. And the likelihood of me making such purchases is somewhat dependent on the level of support I see them giving the base game.
This discussion has been closed.