Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase III

Comments

• WalstafaWalstafa Member Posts: 116
    I wouldn't mind some news on this one either. As someone who's bought BG:EE for both Android and PC, it's fun to move the same save back and forth for when I'm commuting. I'm holding off seriously starting BG2:EE because I'd miss that neat feature.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Soon™, heard and seen that one before... hopefully we get the patch before Christmas.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I'll throw the some more fire over here!!
    Spoilered because of length and it's also very offensive (jk).
    Dragon Disciple using fire to kill Fire Giants. image
    /end of the joke.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

I'll throw the some more fire over here!!
    Spoilered because of length and it's also very offensive (jk).

Dragon Disciple using fire to kill Fire Giants. image
    /end of the joke.
    Wait a dragon disciple using fire...but no breath weapon or dragon's breath hla? :D
    edited May 2014
    @elmisnter thanks, more fire inside the spoiler tag >:D
    /end of thread derailing.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    bengoshi said:

The counter in the OP has been stalled at 0/721 tests so we couldn't figure out if the work on the 1.3 patch is being done or not.

The Mac version is already at 1.3, though.
    bengoshi said:

Another new information for me is that BG2:EE will be updated not long after the 1.3 patch.

Not sure where you got that from - exact words were "If all goes well, should be soon." Sadly, coming from Trent Oster, at this point in time, that means very little. His interpretation of the word "soon" covered April to November of last year for patch 1.2 (even taking into account the three-month Atari hiatus).

I've given up on Beamdog actually contributing anything substantial to the game anymore - at this point, I'd just like to be able to play BG2:EE without having to save, quit and run EE Keeper every time I use the Slayer ability. That would be nice.
  • OtakuOtaku Member Posts: 42
    Erg said:

Must agree with @shawne on this: "If all goes well (big if), should (conditional) be soon (generic word that can mean any amount of time)."

Not that I care or something, I'm personally using the GOG version and never been happier.

Yes i love the gog version from Baldurs Gate too. but i play this game with 1920x1080 ... and without zoom ..... its all to small
  • OtakuOtaku Member Posts: 42
    the zoom funktion is (for me) the secret highlight from this game...
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    edited May 2014
    Razor said:

Months ago I said: You should make content for the game (not free...), but all I saw was ipad, android etc... I'am not saying that is bad, but its been months, it feels like the game is dead.

I won't even ask for patches because I havent found that many bugs... but obviously new npcs and dlc should have been released by now, you are splitting a small team among many OS just to make it work! not even adding content.

When I read these critics I feel I was right. Still, hope your mobile bet is paying off.

This. I'd like a BG2 patch but I'm more concerned about the lack of content.

And, again, remaking a classic is a double edged sword:

edge one Some fans will buy the product just for the name. I don't eat fast food but if macdonalds made a Minsc burger I'd be tempted. Why? It's Minsc burger and therefore it is awesome.

edge two People will compare your product to the original. When the new Star Wars comes out I will buy a ticket and I will compare it to the first one ever made -- favorably or not.

I think BD made a mistake and that we should have seen new content before now. And I think that they should hear that before they decide to start work on a Linux port (or BeOS / Haiku or RSTS or whatever). BD has taken on too much work with with too few people. If they do release new content they will be striking when the iron has cooled. Also, I think BD should be more concerned about the users who are not logging in than those who are. We are friendly critics.

On nausea, on 'gratitude' and on different perceptions -- I think that some of BD's strongest supporters were people who came from the modding community and that some expect that the norms that have applied to volunteer content creators should automatically apply to people who are charging for their efforts.

To me this a mistake -- if someone invites me over for dinner I arrive expecting nothing and I am grateful for everything given; if I instead go to a restaurant and order something I come with certain expectations and might just complain if my meal does not come within a hour. So, I have nothing but gratitude for @bengoshi 's fantastic portraits but to Beamdog I will say: I think you can do better (and I hope you do). [*]

tl;dr It's past time for new content

[*] Even if bengoshi did compare my favorite game to Bubbles -- I mean, really, come on -- BG has depths and stuff. ;)
    Post edited by killerrabbit on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2014
    When you guys made your edits to Drizzt (namely replacing drizzts.itm with his real scimitars) did you remember to raise his base AC by 2? In the original game he is given -10 base AC, which makes sense given that in PnP he has -8 AC (and based on how The Defender in the game works it would have given him a -2 bonus had he had this equipped). Basically the changes made in 1.3 have made it so that his AC went from -14 to -16.

Edit: I suppose it wouldn't really matter since you aren't going to hit him without a critical hit. I just realized it and figured I'd bring it up anyways.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    shawne said:

The Mac version is already at 1.3, though.

I have the mac version (purchased from Beamdog) and I have not yet received v.1.3.

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited May 2014

I have the mac version (purchased from Beamdog) and I have not yet received v.1.3.

It's the Mac App Store version. I'm guessing someone accidentally pushed the v1.3 beta to Apple?
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited May 2014
    Jenzafar said:

As sorry as I am there's no patch yet, I am grateful for all the help here from everybody and the workarounds and little fixes. It's more than I've gotten from certain other companies and their games, that's for sure.

Like that one who made that game where Druids casting cure light wounds would cause the game to crash? :3?
    SPOILER: It's Atari. Or was it Troika. Definitely wasn't the people who made Trine!
    Post edited by SCARY_WIZARD on
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303

Jenzafar said:

As sorry as I am there's no patch yet, I am grateful for all the help here from everybody and the workarounds and little fixes. It's more than I've gotten from certain other companies and their games, that's for sure.

Like that one who made that game where Druids casting cure light wounds would cause the game to crash? :3?
    I'm not familiar with that problem, only speaking to my own experience here.
    @Jenzafar‌ it's a (not so good) joke :)
This discussion has been closed.