Skip to content

8769 : Yakman- No valid replies or links

DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
edited July 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
After healing Yakman from his insanity by using a healing spell he should reward some xp and leave the area but instead he just says that he is scared etc and there is only one reply that says "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS".

Never reported a bug before so I hope this is clear enough, will include a screenshot.image

@dee
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    Will also kill him to remove the bug!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Did you use any mods? Could you upload a save file from just before healing him? Failing that could you describe exactly what you did with him from the moment you met him?
    Can't give you a save file but I talked to him and failed getting any useful information out of him so I chose not to follow my evil playthrough and healed him because I had read earlier that you get some xp from him that way. So I did it and he did not initiate the dialogue, surprisingly. So I spoke with him and got that answer :s

Can't really provide anything more, but I may try to replicate it again.

Ps. No I do not have any mods
    What chapter is your game in? Are you still in SoA or are you in ToB?
    I'm in SoA, just before going to spellhold. Also I sided with Bodie
    Hmm. I have a hunch that this is happening because he is talking to Viconia after being healed. Try making him talk to someone else and see if it still happens. (I would do this myself but I ran into another bug while I was in the process of testing it.)
    Well he kind of lost the ability to breathe so talking might be a problem, lol.

Maybe I can spawn him in, Do you know his code?
    C:CreateCreature("gormad1")
    I don't know how you got that... I figured out my Viconia issues and I can't make this happen. If you can make it happen again with your save file (doesn't matter if you have to console him in again or not) then definitely upload that save file so I can use it in a report, but otherwise I am not sure what is going on here.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    You used the heal spell, not just a bunch of cure serious wounds?
    (just checking to discount quirks like this)
    Will use the console command right now, also @gate70 just one heal spell of the lvl 1 type.
    Ok here ya go. Also the first thing he says is the "no valid.." stuff then he just repeats his line from the first encounter at the entrance of WK3. After curing him he goes back to "no valid..".
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Try using the level Six (6) Clerical spell Heal over him instead.
    CrevsDaak said:

Try using the level Six (6) Clerical spell Heal over him instead.

That worked!
    Yup tried with the level one type first(did not work) then with the lvl 6 type and it worked
    edited July 2014
    Talking to him before he is healed is bugged.

@Jalily‌ I'm not sure what to make of this as it depends who talks to Yakman. Any thoughts?
    - Protagonist, Edwin and Hexxat all get "Frightened Yakman". Believe this is valid.
    - Dorn gets a full set of dialogue options. Believe this is valid.
    - Viconia gets "No valid links".
    This is one weird minor bug...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Gate70 said:

Talking to him before he is healed is bugged.

@Jalily‌ I'm not sure what to make of this as it depends who talks to Yakman. Any thoughts?
    - Protagonist, Edwin and Hexxat all get "Frightened Yakman". Believe this is valid.
    - Dorn gets a full set of dialogue options. Believe this is valid.
    - Viconia gets "No valid links".

This will happen if Viconia (or Aerie or Keldorn) speaks to Yakman more than once in SoA, due to the way their interjections are coded.
    CrevsDaak
    OK, will repro it up.
    Thanks