Skip to content

[MOD] Viconia Underdark repeating dialogue

hardcoredoughardcoredoug Member Posts: 6
edited July 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
See if this sounds familiar to anyone else.

I'm about an hour into the Underdark, everything going smoothly, until Viconia starts a dialogue with "Do you really believe hunting down that mage is a worthy use of your time, charname?"

And then no matter how I respond, she repeats it over and over and over and over again. I've tried loading a prior save and kicking her out, she doesn't even ask why she was kicked before yapping repeatedly again. I've disabled banter mods I had going (BanterPackV14 and IEPBanters), same behavior.

Is there a console command or file I can adjust to just eliminate this dialogue altogether? Or perhaps a more delicate, sensible solution? This is a first. Thanks!
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited July 2014
    I don't think that variable is part of the standard game but Viconia can go into dialogue loops in the Underdark at about the point where Phaere and Solaufein are encountered. If this sounds familiar try changing the value of the variable below.

C:GetGlobal("PHAEREINNUENDO","GLOBAL")
    C:SetGlobal("PHAEREINNUENDO","GLOBAL",0)

This is a sample thread on the subject, my posts from the time have been cleared so the thread is missing content.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27208/viconia
  • hardcoredoughardcoredoug Member Posts: 6
    I've seen threads similar to that, but not that one. A little similar. More specifically, I was right in the middle of the 3 elemental portals quest with no discernible trigger for this. I'm also about 27 conversations deep into romance dialogue, if that matters.

I suppose the best solution, if it exists, through console commands am I able to eliminate Viconia, respawn her at my location, then adjust her exp. Just refurbish her in general?

I haven't used console commands yet. If there's a good newbie guide out there, I'm all ears. Thanks again!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Could this be the local variable loss on death issue?
    edited July 2014
    Not sure, mods will complicate matters.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24795/hotfixes-workarounds-and-how-to-activate-the-console

Or zip and attach a save if you're not confident (although that might turn ugly if looking from an unmodded game)
    Wait, this may be something

"Problem: Viconia's interjection loops when you encounter a weaver."

What in the world is a weaver? This is new to me. Thank you for the link
    Nevermind, I tried it, didn't change anything. Also tried the suggestion in the "Fixed in Patch 1.2" section, didn't change. Killed her and rezzed, kept yapping at me. I'm about to leave her dead and bring Aerie or Anomen into my solid evil party @#$%
  • AlratanAlratan Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    I'm having exactly the same issue with the same dialogue. Tried changing the OHD_ritual_interjects and PhaereInnuendo globals with no change, as well as advancing the romance, kicking her out of the party and back in and changing romance active, killing her, gibbing her and creating a new Viconia, etc. - nothing works.

She will engage this conversation every second, whether in or out of combat, which means continuing with her in my party isn't possible.
    What chapter of the game are you in @Alratan‌
    5; I've been in the Underdark for about an hour as with the original poster, so it's the same LT and dialogue.
    The OHD_ritual interjects is for an issue in another area, link was included to show how to enable the console.

Is that the exact text as I can't find it in the game files, and is your game modded (sorry I don't know what you mean by LT).

edited July 2014
    "Do you really believe hunting down that mage is a worthy use of your time CHARNAME?"
    LT = LoveTalk

My game is modded, but not with any component which affects Viconia's romance to my knowledge: aTweaks, BG2Tweaks, TotDG, Unfinished Business, Weimer's Item Upgrade, Sellswords, Assassination, Sword Coast Stratagems and Back to Brynnlaw.
    Post edited by Alratan on
    edited July 2014
    I noticed that just before Viconia started speaking the first time, some of the other party members would give a sound/speech as if they were clicked on and/or trying to start a banter without success.

I loaded a save before Viconia started the loop, used Ctrl+I several times and it seemed to add a bit of delay between Viconia speaking and the next time, although didn't solve it.
    I'm going to flag this as modded content because that text doesn't exist in the standard game (so far as I can tell). You'd need to work out which mod(s) cause this and contact whoever supports it.

Shout if you disagree.
    Thanks
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited July 2014
    Alratan said:

"Do you really believe hunting down that mage is a worthy use of your time CHARNAME?"
    That line comes from Almateria's Restoration Project. Older releases had issues with Viconia repeating that line over and over.

You can shut her up by entering the following command into the console:
    C:SetGlobal("L-ViconiaBanter","GLOBAL",2)
    Gate70CrevsDaak