Skip to content

Constantly repeating magical effect (ToB)

Hi,

Right after finishing the madcap finale of Rasaad's mission, I stopped playing and saved the game. When I booted it back up, my main character kept having a magical effect flash around him with a *very* annoying sound effect. This would happen without fail every two seconds. I eventually found out that it was his ring of regeneration. Two other characters have regeneration via one item or another (inc. a second ring that I bought in the Thay marketplace during Neera's quest), but they weren't doing that. What I noticed after restarting the game tonight was:

- That magic effect flash and sound effect would play every two seconds if my main character had the ring on.
- Both would play on him and the other characters with regeneration stuff every time I zoned into an area (whether a new map or even just a building, even if the main character didn't have the ring on).

This only started either after or at some point late in Rasaad's quest (which gets busy and noisy). Is there a hotfix for this or some way to stop it?

Thanks.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited July 2014
    This is a known issue and, if you have debug mode enabled, the effect can be removed with ctrl-r. Just make sure you remove/use up any sequencers and contingencies your mages may have before you use ctrl-r on them.

Note: To use ctrl-r you have to have the cursor over the character you want it to be applied to.
  • phimsetophimseto Member Posts: 8
    That seemed to work, thanks!