1/. Astrophe

2/. Sir Purrceval

3/. Chairman Miouw

4/. Octo

5/. Kitty Kitty Bang Bang
jackjacklolien

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Don't know about awful names, but a stray cat that's been hanging around my house for a while now is just going to be called 'Kitty'. It's probably the least imaginative name anyone has given to a cat. I've exhausted my imagination when it comes to names.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    6. ALF

7. Dinner

8. Emergency Ration

elminsterlolien
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Troodon80 said:

Don't know about awful names, but a stray cat that's been hanging around my house for a while now is just going to be called 'Kitty'. It's probably the least imaginative name anyone has given to a cat. I've exhausted my imagination when it comes to names.

Ha, No. My cats are called spotter and stripy, respectivly. Because one has spots, and one had stripes.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    My last cat was striped, so I called it 'Spot'.
    elminsterjackjackmeaglothlolien
    meagloth said:

Ha, No. My cats are called spotter and stripy, respectivly. Because one has spots, and one had stripes.

I was going to just call him 'cat'. I haven't decided yet.

Currently, the naming system is as follows:

Tabby. Three guesses as to why.
    Bruiser. Because he was always aggressive as a kitten, knocking everyone out of the way to get to food and such.
    Maxi. Short for maximus cattus, because at the time she was the largest cat I had.
    Buttercup. Because she always used to eat buttercups as a kitten (no idea why since it is actually toxic to cats (I pull them up whenever I find them)).

I've exhausted traditional names such as "Tom." There were two who always used to get along, I called them "Bill and Ben." There was also Ginger, Squeak, Tiny, Furbie (so as to avoid copyright infringement), Mini (brother to Maxi), Dasher, Muppet, Spud (because reasons), Spot, Splodge (similar to spot, but the markings were larger and less uniform), Scruffy, Socks (a mostly black cat but had white feet), a few names I don't remember, and there were a few more that didn't have names since they were never domesticated—never really used to a human presence, though they would still eat food when it was placed down for them.

Most of the names where somewhat amusing at the time and were somewhat indicative of their nature or a trait they had.
    CrevsDaak
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I have a cat with fur the color of a Russian Blue (although he's not one, technically), so I call him Blue.

My other cat came to me from outside the house, and something, probably another cat, had bitten off the top part of her right ear. (Don't worry, it had long healed over before I ever saw her.) So, I named her Halfeara. Get it? "Half -ear -a"?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    My next cat will be called Thalantyr. I have decided this already, despite the (hopefully) long time it will take for me to get another one. Thalantyr is on e of my favorite names from the game. I like the way it's strange and fantastic but not completely stupid or unpronounceable. (See dnd dragons. "Hey guys, I just beat sushsowjshchcfjoownb!")
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited August 2014
    Wayyy too many reasonable names for cats popping up here. Come on chaps and chappesses, surely there are some more truly awful cat names out there.

9/. Atonic - because that means floppy, catatonic means asleep, a tonic means it makes you feel netter ... all of which apply to cats but mainly because it's a really bad pun.

10/. Purpose ... (purrpuss)
    Post edited by kiwidoc on
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    11. Pickle
    12. Onion
    13. Husband
    14. Meow Meow
    15. Fish
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    16. Whiskey
    17. Purculator
    18. Fur Elise
    lolien
    edited August 2014
    19. Porpoise (poor puss)

@Elminster purcolater is sufficiently awful but Fur Elise is just sublimely, wonderfully terrible! Love it!!
    elminstermeaglothlolien
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    20. Amaran
    21. Oblepas
    22. Ms. Whiskers
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I find that my friends object to giving animals "human" names. My parents cat is called Frank, which confuses the hell out of anyone overhearing conversations about him coughing up hairballs.
    CrevsDaak
    This one is all your fault @Corvino‌

23. Herr Balls
    elminsterCorvinololien
    24. Ginger Nuts.

I went there. I'm sorry.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    25. Schrodinger
    elminsterBelgarathMTH
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    26. Cat Stevens
    dustbubsy
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    Catabolic

Catabolism is the breaking down of things - a series of degradative chemical reactions that break down complex molecules into smaller units, and in most cases releasing energy in the process. Seems legit.

Also shares assonance with Diabolic, which seems appropriate too.

Note I do like cats, but you have to admit they are kinda .. temperamental. I enjoy scratching their ears, because it's a test of your reflexes, they enjoy it greatly, and then without any warning take a swipe at your hand. If they're feeling mellow they don't really put their claws out. Much. Nowadays I normally slip my foot out of my boot and scratch them with my toes.

My wife says cats look like they're sizing you up as prey, kinda like 'If I weighed as much as a german shepherd, you'd be dead'. This probably explains why my family have three dogs. And two rats. Rats are cool.
    elminster
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    I have two cats, a boy and a girl. I call them boy and girl. Sometimes I wish real life had a button for randomizing names.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Feline Kitty
    Cataloaf
    Kitten
    Mouse
    Waifu
    Husbando
    You (Come here, you!)
    Purrfection
    Lucy Furr
    Catalog
    BelgarathMTHelminster
    @LadyRhian Did you know that Nanny Weatherwax (of Terry Pratchett Discworld fame) called her kittenYou?
    Lucy Furr would have to be a black cat ... one with a particularly eveil look. mind you all cat's can do a very good evil look.
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    Poopie-punter....
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Lucy Fur is from Rita Mae Brown's Mrs. Murphy series. She is owned by the town's preacher. ;) One of his other cats is named "Elocution".

My friend Cindy had a cat named TOC. I asked if she had once owned a cat named TIC, and she told me his name was shorthand for "The Other Cat". Because they already had one cat when they got him. ;)
    TarotMaster
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83
    BOB.
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    I once was owned by a black cat named Maus.
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    You guys are confused, these are all great names.

39. Dog
    40. Karl Manx
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    41. Yusuf Islam
    42. Mandu
    43. Strudel
    43. Dust Bubsy