Skip to content

"Proficiency Slots=0" when Leveling Up; cant add/subtract points

I'm Leveling Up for the first time but when I click " Level Up" for my character it already has all the points assigned for weapons and I can't choose (add/subtract). It just gives me the option of clicking "Accept" (and it shows "Proficiency Slots=0" ). I was wondering is this normal for certain characters or this early in the game? If so does using a certain weapon a lot gain you experience with that weapon?

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    If you started the game with a pre-generated character, then you will already have points assigned to certain weapons/styles. For example: Abdel has two points in 'Long Sword' and two points in 'Sword and Shield Style.' If you create a character yourself, you will define where those points go.

When using a Fighter class and going from level 1 to level 2, you will not get any proficiency points to distribute. You will not gain weapon proficiency experience with a weapon simply by using it, but when you kill an enemy you will gain experience—experience determines your level (e.g. Fighter increases to level 2 at 2000 experience, and level 3 at 4000). At certain intervals, e.g. Fighter gets another proficiency point at level 3, you can apply those points to certain weapons. This will not happen every time you level up. Each class has its own rules on applying skills.
    Gotural
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Also no class allow you to remove a point after it is applied. Think well before accepting the changes.
    jackjack
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    Once you've accepted proficiencies at first level, you can never change what you chose. But, depending on your class, you will periodically gain additional proficiencies. Warriors get the most, one at every third level.
    Most classes, can only take a single pip in each weapon; they are either proficient or they are not. Then periodically their Thaco will go down, which represents their over all combat ability getting better.

Warriors alone may take two pips (or more, for single class fighters) in a weapon.
    Be sure to take all the proficiencies you can in the weapon you use most often.
  • nonimanonima Member Posts: 2
    Ok thank you everyone. Just to clarify I was referring to party members, not the main character, but I understand now.
    jackjack