Skip to content

[BG:EE]Dark Horizons Released

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • whitewolfwhitewolf Member Posts: 12
    I really enjoyed this mod but did have to uninstall it as after the mines I had a glitch in which I was unable to sleep, each time I rested unless attacked the game would freeze. I tried going to another area and a inn and still had the issue. I suspect it is a incompatability with a preleased NPC mod but with uninstalling this mod my game has continued working. I have attached my crash file so hopefully there is a way to fix it, if so I would love to reinstall. Thank you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Thanks for the feedback. Dark Horizons was my first mod, for BG1, which has limited modding abilities. Now that BGEE uses BG2 ToB technology, there is a lot more you can do with modding, like fancy bantering and interjecting dialogs between your character and non-player characters that you meet. Plus I know a lot more now than what I did in 2001-2002. I haven't updated the dialogs with the Oversight bosses and your character, which is why its rather simple. Not just the interaction needs to be updated but a little more detail on why they are going after you needs to be explained. Which I'm working on.

Now, Section and Oversight are not good guys. At one time they were but power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. They may tell themselves that what they do is for good if it helps them sleep at night but they are not a force of good. If they were paladins they would be fallen paladins now.

Their operatives are nothing more than slaves who are kept in line with threats, intimidation and any other means necessary to keep them under their control. And some of them are as evil as the people they are supposedly hunting down for "the greater good".

Section is being paid a lot of gold to get you killed. Which is why they outsourced by hiring bounty hunters to go after you. They of course will lie to these bounty hunters and smear your good name if it means having these hunters get to you.

A real dragon wouldn't work in the large areas like the Cloakwood areas. There is some serious slowdowns in the game, when I did a beta test of an actual dragon.

Now other people's comments that I noticed.
    The Lathander guards in Beregost use a random walk script to make them more alive than just standing around. I'll have to move them further away from the Neera encounter so they don't get bent out of shape when a fight happens in town.

Found out why Wendell's dialog crashes the game. It has a word that has an accent in it. I'll have to encode that dialog file so it works with EE properly.

And I'll elaborate more on the mods story with Section.
  • ValikduValikdu Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    I've just started a playthrough. Well, there's... some difficulties.

-The assassin in the rat-infested room. As a level 1 sorcerer, I can do nothing to him. I can only run away (or just not go into that room).
    -Tristam & Isolde. Well, at the party level when I'l supposed to be passing there (probably 1), they're also unbeatable. I came back later with lvl 3 characters and killed them, but...
    -...then there's the loot. A lvl3 party, which at best is supposed to have a couple of +1 items, gets a +3 sword that holds person on hit, with +2 attacks (!!!) and a +3 returning dagger with +4 attacks (!!!). If I actaually use those, the rest of the game will be a breeze, despite the tactical mods I'm also using. So, I'll have to either not use those, or edit them to make them less of a cheat.
  • ZakharonZakharon Member Posts: 72
    My game crashes when the guy at the mines(cloakwood) talks to me
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Is this playable (or more accurately, beatable) if you aren't interested in the level cap remover?? I'd love to give this a run, but going beyond levels available even in ToB in most cases is tough for me to wrap my head around.
    Yes. If you reach the level cap, you'll just won't be gaining any more experience points. You might reach the level cap with this mod, I never played it without it.
    What's his name? There are many people added to the Cloakwood area.
    Zakharon said:

What's his name? There are many people added to the Cloakwood area.

Zakharon said:

Wendell is his name, also I got around it by console killing him, on another hand I'm having trouble finding the door to Oversight Estate and yes I believe I'm at the right building but no matter how many times I run my courser over the house I can't find the door.
    Thought I fixed Wendell and now I see I didn't. He has a special character in one of his words. I'll have to encode his dialog file for EE. Again.

Now Estate, you talked to Nikita after you fought your way out of Section? Speaking to her about Oversight will set the Global that will make the entrance appear.
    To make a long story short, I haven't had the time. Real life and all of that suckiness that gets in the way of fun. This weekend is the first time I'm free to do anything. Which had been devoted to making some mods translation files work with EE and doing work on DSotSC.
    Sergio said:

How is the second incarnation of the mod going? ;)

I'm curious to hear about it :)

Entrance to Oversight
    edited August 2014

Thought I fixed Wendell and now I see I didn't. He has a special character in one of his words. I'll have to encode his dialog file for EE. Again.

Now Estate, you talked to Nikita after you fought your way out of Section? Speaking to her about Oversight will set the Global that will make the entrance appear.

Yes I did speak with her, I ended up useing console to teleport into Oversight but when I went to the door my game seemed to lag and I could not leave,I teleported out using console.
    Also a side note, the dwarf npc follower that I get, is there a quest reason his helmet is unmovable or is that a glitch, I only ask because it seems to be a standard helmet
    Ah, I gave him some creature only item. I'll get that changed.

Ah, I gave him some creature only item. I'll get that changed.

Lol guess he's stuck with it for this playthrough
    edited August 2014
    So why doesn't Nikita stick around and help you out? She'll explain herself in the next version of the mod after 2.11. She doesn't want to cross blades with her lover Micheal and they would cross blades. The Section masters have power over him, they have his young son. If he wants his son to keep breathing, he'll do whatever they tell him to do.
    Post edited by CoM_Solaufein on
    Has the cloakwood encounter been fixed along with the dwarfs helmet? If so how to I update it without losing what i have done?
    Yes that is fixed. You can uninstall and then reinstall with the latest version but I wouldn't use a previous saved game with it. Things get messed up when you do. You would have to start with a new game.

Yes that is fixed. You can uninstall and then reinstall with the latest version but I wouldn't use a previous saved game with it. Things get messed up when you do. You would have to start with a new game.

I assume the new download link is the new version?
    yes
    OK thank you, also on another note, I love that picture for Thorin Stoneblade where did you get it, or did you design it yourself?
    I got it from a portrait topic that is somewhere on these forums. Which I think that person got it from Wizards D&D because I remember a similar image at their site or game manuals.