Skip to content

CHARNAME Power Ranking

Where does everyone think CHARNAME would rank among the other beings in the Realms? Even early, by BG1, he exceeds the other mortal ascendents (Kelemvor - lvl 5, Cyric - lvl 8, and Midnight - lvl 7, all with lower stat rolls). It's actually pretty amazing they managed to kill Gods. By TOB Elminster mentions not wanting to take him on. So where would he rank?

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited August 2014
    I think that if he/she'll choose to remain mortal, CHARNAME can still face demigods without fear; otherwise if he/she'll choose to become a god.. well, he/she will have the powers of a god...
    At the end of ToB CHARNAME is well over epic levels (20+) and is almost over the legendary levels (40+) so... CHARNAME will be surely one of the most powerful creatures walking on the Prime Material and maybe on the Planes.
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • dac0152dac0152 Member Posts: 52
    Definitely meant as just a mortal. Once you hit the God level it's over. Though it is interesting CHARNAME inherits such a minor portfolio and is so powerful while Cyric and Kelemvor and Midnight inherited major portfolios and were so relatively weak - even when using a God as a sword.
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    dac0152 said:

all with lower stat rolls

What are CHARNAME's official stats and level? If the canon CHARNAME is Abdel "Arseface" Adrian, he has power gaming stats. Though stats don't matter much, because you can finish the whole saga by hiding under Jaheira's skirt...

"By TOB Elminster mentions not wanting to take him on."
    That's what Elminster says about everything.
    jackjack
  • dac0152dac0152 Member Posts: 52
    I mean as long as he doesn't have 2 7s then he's got Kelemvor beat.
  • UnknownQuantityUnknownQuantity Member Posts: 242
    I believe Elminster is one of those types that doesn't want to interfere with the natural course of things. Trying to do something to help might actually hurt.

If charname is more powerful than Elminster he is nearly unstoppable I believe. Elminster is the main servant of Mystra. Goddess of magic.
    JuliusBorisov
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Typical Harper, really. Meddling to subvert all sides of any conflict :P
    KamigoroshielementJuliusBorisov
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Well, Demogorgon is supposedly the most powerful demon in all the abyss, and probably at least a demigod (I am not the best on FR lore though), and charname was able to take him down so...
  • RandyMcStudRandyMcStud Member Posts: 71
    Somewhere between Boo and Ao.
    elminsterjackjackJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014
    Tresset said:

Well, Demogorgon is supposedly the most powerful demon in all the abyss, and probably at least a demigod (I am not the best on FR lore though), and charname was able to take him down so...

I believe its actually an avatar of demogorgon and you are fighting it outside of the abyss. Plus how it appears in the game might not be a fair reflection of it in terms of lore. In the game he is designed to be defeatable with the knowledge and resources you have in bg2.
    KamigoroshiBlackravenjackjack
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    @Tresset Demogorgon is very strong, but Orcus is probably the most powerful personally. He has killed deities, not Greater Ones, but still pretty impressive.

That said, the Archdevils tend to be personally much stronger than Demon Princes and the like. This is probably because there are a nearly limitless supply of demons, but Devil's are pretty finite. Asmodeus is pretty much a greater deity, but his lore is mildly 'all over the place'.

Big names in the realms include the Night Serpent and the Chaos Hound. They're scary to lesser gods for sure. There are other beings of similar power level, but most are kinda 'stuff we made up to fill books for 3rd Edition', like the world ending elder evil summoned by the Imaskari. I dont THINK thats official cannon, I'd have to consult my handy guidebook.
    Blackraven
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664

dac0152 said:

all with lower stat rolls

Though stats don't matter much, because you can finish the whole saga by hiding under Jaheira's skirt...
    Who DOESN'T want to hide under her skirt? ;)

I mean, just ask Khalid. That's where you could always find him, after all.

(I'm so sorry. I'm a bad person. *crosses self* RIP Khalid...)
    Blackravenjackjack
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    He ranks above anything. Amelyssan had all the power of bhaal, she can draw endlessly on it but she gets Wtfpwned over and over. She thought she was the cat and charname the mouse. Turns out it was the other way around.