Skip to content

Cats lovers

kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
I decided since I have the loveliest cat in the world to open a talk between cat lovers. so whoever have a cat please tell me about him/her and ofc post pictures ;)

So my cat name is Elf ;) and he is soooooo cute and naughty he really like to play

Playing on his device:

Sitting outside in the sun :)

At the end of the day exhausted but happily sleep in his bed:
Troodon80LadyRhianmch202Awong124Demonoid_LimewireBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovRavenslightDungeonnoobbooinyoureyesNonnahswriter[Deleted User]

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Troodon80 they are sooo cute, and please dig up other photos when you get the time.
    What are their names?
    Troodon80Demonoid_Limewire
    Hoooo soooo cute, how old is Milo now?
    Demonoid_LimewireRavenslightlolien
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    kaguana said:

He'll be 9 next month.
    kaguanaDemonoid_LimewireRavenslight
    Awong124 said:

kaguana said:

He'll be 9 next month.
    I guess it 9 months right? that so cute my cat is 1.5 years almost and still a big big naughty

@Troodon80 Wow so many cats I wish I had so many but for now I only got my little Elf prince ;)
    Demonoid_Limewire
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    kaguana said:

Awong124 said:

kaguana said:

He'll be 9 next month.
    I guess it 9 months right? that so cute my cat is 1.5 years almost and still a big big naughty
    No, 9 years. lol.
    Demonoid_Limewire
    9 years that a long way to go from 3 months lol
    Demonoid_Limewire
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Oh, and this is the latest stray to come wandering by, the first in my new house. He started camping under the bushes out front a few weeks ago, so after a couple days I started putting down food. No name, no idea how old he is, he's battle-scarred, bony, and very timid, but not averse to a Felix pouch.
    Demonoid_LimewireAwong124JuliusBorisovRavenslight

Gee, i almost DIED from their CUTENESS! I believe cats are the epitome, the very personification of cuteness itself! Cats and hedgehogs, for me, are the most beautiful creatures in existence. What i really love about cats, though, are their personalities... Rich, complex, mysterious/mystical, different/varying/unique, and if you play your "cards" right, they get to love you so much as to treat you like family members (of their own race), like showering you, kneading you, playing the scratches and bites minigame on your limbs, etc. I love it a lot when they bump their nose on your own, too. When they wrap their tail around your leg. Or when they jump to sit on your lap. Lapcat, not lapdog, lol...

Indeed there personality is all the thing you said and more that why it hard on people to love them cos they don't understand them, those people usually prefer dogs, but the once who love cats and have a cute one gain the world. Now I'm not against dogs I love dogs as well but cats more ;)

@Troodon80 Wow you are doing a great job feeding cat all over I wish there were more people like you out there.

Demonoid_LimewireRavenslightlolien
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    kaguana said:

Gee, i almost DIED from their CUTENESS! I believe cats are the epitome, the very personification of cuteness itself! Cats and hedgehogs, for me, are the most beautiful creatures in existence. What i really love about cats, though, are their personalities... Rich, complex, mysterious/mystical, different/varying/unique, and if you play your "cards" right, they get to love you so much as to treat you like family members (of their own race), like showering you, kneading you, playing the scratches and bites minigame on your limbs, etc. I love it a lot when they bump their nose on your own, too. When they wrap their tail around your leg. Or when they jump to sit on your lap. Lapcat, not lapdog, lol...

Indeed there personality is all the thing you said and more that why it hard on people to love them cos they don't understand them, those people usually prefer dogs, but the once who love cats and have a cute one gain the world. Now I'm not against dogs I love dogs as well but cats more ;)

@Troodon80 Wow you are doing a great job feeding cat all over I wish there were more people like you out there.

I like cats more than dogs, too. But personally, i think i understand them more and better than dogs (or any other animal), despite their unique personalities. They faintly give off the feeling that are egotists or primarily concerned with themselves, but this is a human invented lie, or at least a misunderstanding from our own standards and behavioral perception/interpretation...

Some say they are weak and cowardish (hence the phrase, "scaredy cat"...), and they would never help their owner in a pinch (like wild animal attacking him, or other human), preffering to run away after abandoning him/her instead, but this is only natural... Cats are very small, and thanks to their size and physique, they are not designed for fending off against much larger possible opponents... If they were larger, like a tiger though, a panther or any other big feline, and they were raised with love and care by someone from their cub stage, i dare you again compare THAT beast with a guardian/security/sentry dog. Exactly. Dog is pathetic in comparison. Both valor and power wise...

About them not feeling for you or other creatures, there is no bigger lie. Every time i am sad, they feel it and try to comfort me by suddenly becoming more playful, talkative and grooming than usual, until i cheer up; only then they revert back to their normal, lazy, seemingly (but not actually) uncaring self. Also, when a cat from my neighborhood was killed off by the savage dog of a neighbor, this cat happened to be the "girlfriend" of one of my two cats; poor thing wouldn't stop crying and yelling for like 3 days, and for the first 2, it did not even touch food... It would only accept me petting and hugging it.
    Ravenslight

I like cats more than dogs, too. But personally, i think i understand them more and better than dogs (or any other animal), despite their unique personalities. They faintly give off the feeling that are egotists or primarily concerned with themselves, but this is a human invented lie, or at least a misunderstanding from our own standards and behavioral perception/interpretation...

Some say they are weak and cowardish (hence the phrase, "scaredy cat"...), and they would never help their owner in a pinch (like wild animal attacking him, or other human), preffering to run away after abandoning him/her instead, but this is only natural... Cats are very small, and thanks to their size and physique, they are not designed for fending off against much larger possible opponents... If they were larger, like a tiger though, a panther or any other big feline, and they were raised with love and care by someone from their cub stage, i dare you again compare THAT beast with a guardian/security/sentry dog. Exactly. Dog is pathetic in comparison. Both valor and power wise...

Cat are survivals animal and that how he act not because he is egoists, and human be human we think we know all but in fact we know so little and unable to really connect to the higher language of the animals, that do talk with one another, humans went so far from nature we lost important thing that we use to know.

About them not feeling for you or other creatures, there is no bigger lie. Every time i am sad, they feel it and try to comfort me by suddenly becoming more playful, talkative and grooming than usual, until i cheer up; only then they revert back to their normal, lazy, seemingly (but not actually) uncaring self. Also, when a cat from my neighborhood was killed off by the savage dog of a neighbor, this cat happened to be the "girlfriend" of one of my two cats; poor thing wouldn't stop crying and yelling for like 3 days, and for the first 2, it did not even touch food... It would only accept me petting and hugging it.

You got cats :O ???? where is the pictures ????? I wanna see .......

True they feel our pain and lost and there own cos they have feeling.

Wow so little of us love cats ??? or so little of us have cats??? Where is all the cats lovers ???

My cute Elf when he was 2 months old, sooooooooo little and sooooooooo adorable ;)

Troodon80Awong124Ravenslight
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I've had a cat once. But then it saw a waterfall...
    RavenslightDungeonnoobNonnahswriterElrandir
    @bengoshi Did you rise the cat from the dead?
    Ravenslight
  • NaturalBornKielerNaturalBornKieler Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 407
    Nice cat-egory here ... I have loved cats all my life, but when we bought our house we did not plan for having a cat or any animal. What we did not know was that you don't choose to have a cat, the cat does the choosing:

Our house is an old farmhouse in northern Germany and had a big hayloft under the roof, with lots of old hay in it which must have been there for 20 years or longer. We have cleared it out now, but at that time it must have been a refuge for local cats. Anyway, one day my wife called me at work and told me that she had heard a strange sound from outside (as if a bird had flown against a window) and when she looked she found a baby cat in front of our door. It had obviously dropped from under the roof. It was already late in the summer and the cat must have been very young (about 4 weeks old) so we assume it was born up in the hayloft and later abandoned by its mother cat, also since it was rather ill and infected and the eyes were clotted with pus.

We brought her to the vet and nursed her and she made it, she's six years old now and her life is a cat's dream: she can roam our land and hunt mice and rats and laze and sleep to her heart's content. Also, there is only very few traffic around here. Losing a cat to car traffic is what I fear most.

No pictures right now but she looks very much like the one the Rebecca in kaguana's first video above. We named her Lucy.
    kaguanaRavenslight
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    kaguana said:

@bengoshi Did you rise the cat from the dead?

Sadly, no. "Sometimes they don't come back"
    @NaturalBornKieler Wow that a nice story I would love to see some pictures :) and yeah mostly the cat choose the owner not the other way around :)

@bengoshi That sad :(
    JuliusBorisovRavenslightlolien
    As a cat lover I just loveeeee this song (and movie) ;)

RavenslightJuliusBorisovElrandir
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    Cat inspired song :D
    kaguanaJuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

The cat that we belong to is definitely not impressed with cameras. Every time we get near her with one I can just see it in her eyes. “Get that thing away from me!”

@Ravenslight‌ i know, right? We have so many pics of our cats(albeit mostly by a 6 year old who shall go unnamed)
    And they're all ugly. I think part of it is that they're indoor cats, and the lamps and such make the pictures very dim and yellow-orange, especially since an iPhone is the best camera we have.
    Ravenslight
    Does anyone else know this "songs of the cat" album? It's really great, I'll try to find some good youtubes.

Ugh. I could only find this one. Oh well, at least you get the idea. I guess you can look it up on iTunes an get the preview.
    kaguanaRavenslightJuliusBorisov
    Wooo more cats lovers welcome welcome :) The more the merrier :)

@Ravenslight that a really lovely cat, she keeps you busy I see ;)

@meagloth that a really nice song, and please post some pictures even if they are yellowish, cats are lovely thing :)
    RavenslightJuliusBorisovlolien
    kaguana said:

Wooo more cats lovers welcome welcome :) The more the merrier :)

@Ravenslight that a really lovely cat, she keeps you busy I see ;)

@meagloth that a really nice song, and please post some pictures even if they are yellowish, cats are lovely thing :)

Oh, right! I forgot I hadn't posted anything. Here's what I said on isandir's thread:
    meagloth said:

This is Buttershot, my familiar for over 10 years now(turns twelve come November), Still as skinny and aggressive as ever.(not really. But she's not exactly 18 charisma. she used to be like 6lbs but she's probably up to 10-12 now.) I know she looks fat, but she's just a Persian.

And she knows it. My parents had her declawed in front a long time ago.
    imageimage
    And this is her son, Spotter:
    imageimage
    He's like 8 years old now(ish), and much silkier. He hardly ever has a mat. He's a pacifist, unlike his mother. Come to think of it, we might have a Khalid/jahiera relationship going on here.
    And this is spotter's late brother, stripy:
    imageimage
    Unfortunately he has not been with us since.... 2010 I think, due to an unfortunate urinary track disease common in Persians, where high level of stress cause the urinary track to swell, and makes it impossible to pee. This makes rearranging the furniture difficult, because that stresses cat(Persians are indoor, so the house is essentially the whole world). There is a pill that helps a little, but our 2 week trip to Colorado was to much for the poor boy. We had had him treated once before but we where not prepared to spend another $600 on him, much to my dismay. He was incredibly soft(emotionally and physically) and fat. The best pillow ever. He could never have enough love, that one. Though it was a while ago, we miss him.
    Sorry the pics aren't all great. It's hard to get a good expression from these guys. They hate having their picture taken, and the light is usually bad indoors. Also, stripy's pic where most likely taken by a small child on a crappy camera.

RavenslightAwong124JuliusBorisovDungeonnoob