Skip to content

NPC Preview: Dark Side of the Sword Coast

Comments

• OxvaOxva Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 80
    Since I did't get an answer. I will ask again: Are you planning to re-work the balance aspects of the mod? Especially the items.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I already tone down some of the fights. Items, well no. Not yet. That most likely would be an optional install for those who want balance.

I finished the last quest. Still some work to do. I believe I botched up the install part for the new areas on the world map. I'll adjust the coding for that and install it for beta 2. Hopefully its a coding problem and not an EE problem when it comes to modifying the world map.
    JamesCrevsDaak
    Hmm
    Getting close to putting together beta 2. I hope that world map problem will be fixed.
    mlneveseCrevsDaakOxvaSchopenhauer
    Excellent.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Just throwing in a bump to see if this project is still active, this mod looks amazing, easily the most ambitious of either game.
    Lot of feedback I see. I'm not feeling too motivated.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    I wish this forum had something stronger then like to pick for that latest post.
    Balrog99CoM_Solaufeinlolienjackjack
    So it finally begins. After spending half the day fixing some things that didn't install.
    CrevsDaak
    No of course it DOESN'T WORK, WHY WOULD IT??

I cheated a little and went directly to those areas to test them out. You can go to and from the new areas since they are linked together but you can't use the world map to go to and from them. STUPID GAME.

Okay. I think I am ready for beta test 3. The main issue is the DS areas appearing on the world map and not crashing when you visit or exit them. Hopefully I got it right this time. If so, I can release the bloody thing.

Fina92
  • modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 107
    I lurk here pretty hard, but I agree with everyone else that I'm in a bit of a Baldur's Gate break until the newest patch is released. But when the patch is released, I'm pretty excited to try out the mods that I never used over the years (you know, like this one).
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @CoM_Solaufein‌ You can do it!
    Moving along. I'm speed playing to get to the DS stuff.
    mlneveseCrevsDaakelminsterjackjack
    Something wrong with the spawn points. I literally had an army keep spawning over and over. I had Neera cast multiple Cloudkills to deal with them. That's the kills she had before I gave up and left the area.
    jackjack
  • acebojanglesacebojangles Member Posts: 3
    Hope those last kinks get ironed out without too much trouble!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Thanks
    lolien
    Must be going good?
    JamesFina92jackjacklolien
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    So, did anyone look into the area links problem? It's a huge and famous mod of BG:EE completly done with only one issue to solve. It's not my call but i believe this deserve the insight of some devs to look into, no?

After all DSotSC worked normally in BGT and TUTU, which means the issue with travel links derivate from the enhanced edition version.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Whoa cant wait for this to come out
    JuliusBorisov