Skip to content

Monster Party Members

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yip Yip! You guys just big meanies! Grrrrr!

We already have a soundset for such an NPC: http://soundboards.cubicleninja.com/
    lolienbooinyoureyesElrandir
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

Balrog99 said:

Nah, my Ogre Mage would have the Shield of Balduran. Game over for @Southpaw...

@Southpaw is the mindflayer, not the beholder. I suppose I could be the cleric with Chaotic Commands out the wazoo, if that helps.
    Shhhh, let him believe the shield will help!

SouthpawjackjackElrandir
  • BlastbackBlastback Member Posts: 54
    Oh, if only we could get the Spectator as a party member.

Also, would love more werewolves rather than a shapeshifter druid, and a Gnoll and Ork would be cool.
    booinyoureyesjackjack
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    DreadKhan said:

No no no! The Ettin MUST be a Bard! He can provide his own harmony!

I suppose a bard makes sense. After his bark would be worse than his blight.

jackjackelminsterbooinyoureyes
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Don't quite know why, but if really like a Gnolls Ranger...
    Duergar Sorcerer would be my 2nd vote.
    jackjackbooinyoureyesElrandirJuliusBorisov
  • MeanbunnyMeanbunny Member Posts: 107
    edited August 2014
    Meanbunny said:

I always wanted to see an Ettin in the BG world. A giant two headed Ettin Fighter. Would be so awesome. :))

DreadKhan said:

No no no! The Ettin MUST be a Bard! He can provide his own harmony!

Also, the mental image of an Ettin strumming a ginourmous lapharp while warbling in two offkey voices... obviously he gets the Jester song, but os totally unaware of the fact.

@DreadKhan Hahahah! That sounds so super awesome. What is better than a Ettin Fighter? Definitely an Ettin Bard! One head could sing while the other beatboxes. Combine that with a hand drum and you got a force to be reckoned with. xD

@Mush_Mush The Monty Python bunny is a prime example why you shouldn't mess with us bunnies! We are melee power houses! :3
    DreadKhanelminsterElrandir
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Gnoll
    jackjack
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Bear. Oh wait!
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Minotaurs were one of the few monster PCs that actually worked well, even being large (3.5 making them take up 4 squares was a huge nerf for actual adventuring...), due to handy abilities like never being surprised. I liked trying to make them a fighter/rogue, or a ranger/rogue.

Spriggans were the more useable alternative though imho, being able to 'pass' as a gnome, but being able to enlarge to ogre level stature. Lots of great 'hulk' moments, good as a barbarian/rogue to stress their temper. @Anduin‌ what do gnomes think about a Spriggan NPC?
    CrevsDaakSharGuidesMyHandbooinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Minotaur should not be hard to mod, if the existing animations are without weapons.
    SharGuidesMyHandCrevsDaakbooinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833

how about a fairy
    MeanbunnylolienJuliusBorisov
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Minotaur should not be hard to mod, if the existing animations are without weapons.

I'd much rather see one (or any of the poll choices, for that matter) modded into BG1, where they would likely be more powerful (as opposed to BG2, where they are something of a more routine enemy).
    DJKajuru said:

Gnoll

As long as the gnoll is the Flind variety, as it takes more than just one or two shots to kill a flind.
    abacus