Skip to content

Anoman Knighthood Test bug

ArthuarnArthuarn Member Posts: 4
edited August 2014 in Not An Issue
Think I've just encountered a new bug with Anoman's quest chain / the Radiant Heart.

In my current playthrough I've just exited the underdark and returned to Athkatla, immediately having a conversation with an NPC who instructed Anoman to return to the temple for his test (and I know I completed the preceding parts of his quest chain the GOOD way).
However when I enter the Radiant Heart, the game appears to start a cutscene, but it just fades to black and I find my party in a bugged version of the Radiant Heart (without Anoman having gone through his test). The bugged Radiant Heart appears to be the new version of the map (Dorns wedding massacre) overlayed with the NPC's and intractable objects on the original map, i.e. I see one version of the map but everything I can interact with is for the other version, e.g I have no problem getting Paladins to come and help kill Bodei (using the console command still returns me to this bugged map as well).

UPDATE: I've loaded the save into the original BG2 game, and it loads fine and upon entering the Radiant Heart Anomans test plays out completely & successfully - so defiantly an EE issue not a corrupted save or similar

any suggestions .. ?
Post edited by Arthuarn on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Are you able to zip & attach a save for inspection. Earlier discussion about the Radiant Heart indicates it should return to normal a short time after the wedding.
    Thanks
  • ArthuarnArthuarn Member Posts: 4
    save attached

and on this play through I doubt I've ever talked to Dorn, I've certainly not had him in the party / started his quest like (what with playing a Paladin myself)
    OK I can see fake doors in the centre of the room etc.

When you say you loaded the save into the original game - I don't know if that should work or even be recommended. Have you done this earlier in the game and if so have you copied the save back or is it purely a 1 way (EE to original) test you've been doing.
    Try this @Arthuarn‌

You'll have to open doors once inside but his judgement appears to work and the Prelate can then be spoken to about vampires if you wish.

I removed AR0903 from your save so it will have pulled in a fresh version.
    The attached version of the save was from prior to loading into original BG2 (it's a save from before I tried it to fix it that way); and I know the Radiant Heart worked fine previously.

Thanks for the fixed save that seams to work - for future reference how would I go about striping out AR0903 (or similar) in the future ?
    I just opened the baldur.sav from your save file in Near Infinity, then decompressed, deleted and compressed. If you use NI make sure you copy saves first as it overwrites the original.

I'm not sure what caused your issue, can't remember anyone else having reported this scenario. Do you have any mods installed?
    Nope no mods