Skip to content

PATCH IS UNDEAD!

Because being alive is overrated ;)
Enjoy the quick loot bar and fixed MP guys!

(it took me around 10 minutes to realize the patch was out…)

Also I think I am not going to update the non-beta, since I have *many* mods installed, and the beta has the same version in case I want to MP...
Vakarianelminster[Deleted User]DungeonnoobRavenslightCuvMetallomanJuliusBorisov

Comments

• CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    The quick loot bar is really cool :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • VakarianVakarian Member Posts: 94
    woohoo!!

(for those who have the steam version, it's also "undead" there as well)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    It has more unwrapped mummy goodness than a geezer called Mohotep...
    elminsterCrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Finally, I can check out v1.3! Annoying that the beta wasn't on Steam.
  • MeanbunnyMeanbunny Member Posts: 107
    The patch is out? The patch it out! Omg, I can't wait! *squeals like a school girl*
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @subtledoctor‌ Mac and Ipad versions are waiting for Apple's approval.
    Siona
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Lots of questions in that post, @subtledoctor‌ - to answer the one you posted in the Bugs forum, yes, the Mac version should be available through Beamdog now. If it's not showing up for you, try resetting the password keychain for the launcher and logging back into it with your account.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
    Updating now. Just in time for me since I just finished a Fallout New Vegas run. Thanks for all the hard work. :)
    Fredjo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited August 2014
    Yikes, did not realize that patch 1.3 update would nuke my Override characters, and portraits folders folder. Ouch.
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Lemernis said:

Yikes, did not realize that patch 1.3 update would nuke my Override, characters, and portraits folders. Ouch.

Yeah, it's a bit evil when it does that :\
    Lemernis said:

Yikes, did not realize that patch 1.3 update would nuke my Override, characters, and portraits folders. Ouch.

It shouldn't have nuked your characters and portraits folders, unless you had them in the installation directory.
    elminsterLemernisCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    edited August 2014
    Nope, they were in the game folder in Windows Explorer. They're gone now.

Edit Gah, sorry. Was looking in wrong folder. The portraits and characters folders are still there. Override is poof though.
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    Any patch notes?
    Lemernis said:

Nope, they were in the game folder in Windows Explorer. They're gone now.

Edit Gah, sorry. Was looking in wrong folder. The portraits and characters folders are still there. Override is poof though.

That's by design; the updater cleans your installation folder to ensure that your game will work with the changes. This is also why the dialog.tlk file gets reset; any mods you had installed prior to the update will need to be re-installed.

Any patch notes?

Here you go.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited August 2014
    Dee said:

Lemernis said:

It shouldn't have nuked your characters and portraits folders, unless you had them in the installation directory.
    Sorry, my bad I was looking in the wrong place--they're still there.

But... 1.3 basically replaces the game's existing folder 00766? That's what I'm seeing. That means any mods that are installed and the Override folder are deleted. Is that what is intended?

Edit: I now see your above edit. I would emphasize that to folks. Especially if this is something new. A suggested protocol including to backup the Override elsewhere and any ways to minimize the amount of work to re-install mods would probably be a good idea.
    Ardul
    edited August 2014
    Lemernis said:

Dee said:

Lemernis said:

Sorry, my bad I was looking in the wrong place--they're still there.

But... 1.3 basically replaces the game's existing folder 00766? That's what I'm seeing. That means any mods that are installed and the Override folder are deleted. Is that what is intended?
    Yeah, that's what it does.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @CrevsDaak you are missing a > after the final blockquote.
    CrevsDaak
    Thanks @elminster‌, fixed ;)
    elminster
    @Lemernis‌ It's absolutely nothing new; every patch since release has done exactly that.
    elminsterCrevsDaak
    edited August 2014
    @Dee Okay, thanks, just recently getting my feet wet again with mods after all these years, now for the EEs.
    CrevsDaak
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Lemernis: I think if you just transfer the override folder to "My Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition", you can keep any mods that don't rewrite existing files (like dialog.tlk). For anything else, you'll have to reinstall...