Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced! (Release Date: October 30, 2014)

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I am rather pleased about this.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I'd be interested to know if both the Baldur's Gate:EE and Icewind Dale II portraits are included within IWD:EE. At the very least it would be nice to know whenever that male Half-Orc portrait from IWD II shown in some of the screenshots is a "custom" portrait, or part of the game.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

I'd be interested to know if both the Baldur's Gate:EE and Icewind Dale II portraits are included within IWD:EE. At the very least it would be nice to know whenever that male Half-Orc portrait from IWD II shown in some of the screenshots is a "custom" portrait, or part of the game.

I assume you mean this guy

• spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Preordered for orc!
    elminster said:

I assume you mean this guy

Yep, I meant this handsome fella. :)
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269

Seeing how Icewind Dale wasn't developed by Bioware, can we expect to see HD art? Or is basically all original art lost?

Any takers? @Dee ?
    edited August 2014
    I wholeheartly agree. Both the trailer and screenshots show truly magnificient landscapes!
    Can't wait to enjoy them on my new ultra wide 21:9 monitor with native 2560x1080 resolution! :D
  • ryanhaverryanhaver Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2014
    I suspect this is just IWD:EE and eventually you'll do an IWD2:EE?
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @Dee Any timetable for giving out Beta access to those who applied for it?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    EXCELLENT news! Well done, Beamdog!

I have (of course!) now pre-ordered.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    So only concerns are:
    – Balance and "IWD-trueness" within the BG2 engine
    – will it be out for winter season (it's because of the snow)
    – IWD2:EE :)
    – PST:EE :)

but for now ... i'm pleased!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    ronaldo said:

@Dee Any timetable for giving out Beta access to those who applied for it?

I second that question. ;-)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We'll be pulling in beta testers based on hardware and language as needed for testing. I can't say much more than that on a weekend. ;)
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Dee said:

We'll be pulling in beta testers based on hardware and language as needed for testing. I can't say much more than that on a weekend. ;)

This makes me even more hesitant to gamble on preordering instead of waiting for a steam sale.
  • MarkosMarkos Member Posts: 30
    Very happy about this announcement! Just pre-ordered!

I hope that this will not delay the plans for the BG2EE 1.3 patch though. Should we expect the patch before or after the IWD:EE release?
  • elvee68elvee68 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 35
    My most favorite dungeon crawl! Yes!!!!!!!
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    Pre-ordered)))
    How can I apply as a beta-tester?
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited August 2014
    CamDawg said:

elminster and a few others have been privately beta testing for a while now; he didn't get in via the current call for testers.

WHAT ELSE DO YOU KNOW @ELMINSTER !?!?!??!?! TELL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Cr4zyJ Hamm if you wanna call @elminster‌ you better write his name right meaning without caps because otherwise he won't see it ;)
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited August 2014
    kaguana said:

@Cr4zyJ Hamm if you wanna call @elminster‌ you better write his name right meaning without caps because otherwise he won't see it ;)

When I click on his name in the post it links to his profile. I doubt hes allowed to tell me anyway even if I talk with a stern tone lol
    @Cr4zyJ hoo ok, because there are others that use the name as well so better be careful who one is tagging ;) also yeah he probably isn't allowed to tell lots of thing, like he said just wait for it to come you will see it soon
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Maybe we can bribe him with food?
    (Or if we go by Ed Greenwood, we should be able to bribe him with skimpy dressed ladies :P )
    Unfortunately he is bound by a strong spell that can't be break ;(
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    So I can't help but notice that the IWDEE Page indicates that it'll be available on Linux.

Is this really happening? Please tell me this is really happening.