Skip to content

What class/kit are you most looking forward to seeing in IWDEE?

2»

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    elminster said:

fish0331 said:

A........................................................demonologist

Probably beats a dermatologist.

Excuse me Mr. Mummy, that skin looks awful. Here, take this cream for it!

:p
    You know, if you could kill hundreds of monstrous enemies as a dermatologist, I would gain a whole new level of respect for that profession.
  • Rylorn23Rylorn23 Member Posts: 77
    I look forward for a Blackguard kit in Icewind dale! I wonder, what kind of abilities will Blackguard have here. Perhaps the same like in BG games, I really don't know. I also wonder, if he/she will have some special dialogue choices like any other classes ( paladin, mage, thief ...) in the game unlike in BG searies.

And most importantly, if blackguard will have a his "class only" weapon like paladin have "Pale Justice" longsword.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Warlocks, spirit shamans, etc ...
    Basically everything from NWN2 and more ~
    @recklessheart‌ maybe an acid breath or electric breath then? I really only said cold since it fit the setting most.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Blackguard, of course. But, I'm with others that Skald and Barbarian are really great additions.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited September 2014

Blackguard, of course.

Which raises another point: you can now play as a wholly evil character without,
    1. feeling pressured to act like a complete douche in order to fit in with your alignment, and
    2. feeling like your evil alignment conflicts with the underlying narrative.

Also, IIRC, you can mix good and evil characters without fear of intraparty conflicts.

• rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    monks! always been a favourite class of mine to play, IWDII was much fun with one, so it's inevitable that she will rise from the ashes and kick some jawbones in when IWDEE is released. My only decision now is which members of my IWD 1& 2 parties will pass the test to accompany her!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

Blackguard, of course.

Which raises another point: you can now play as a wholly evil character without,
    1. feeling pressured to act like a complete douche in order to fit in with your alignment, and

Also, IIRC, you can mix good and evil characters without fear of intraparty conflicts.

Word. I can't play Evil NPCs for shit in the Baldur's Gate Trilogy, not even going to lie. Much easier for me in IWD.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I third the opinion on evil characters. My play-through here on the forums with Phaendris has been both challenging but really fun, all because she's evil. And while I try to make her not be idiotically evil (killing peasants in plain sight) I do have to find evil things to do, which can be annoying. Some of her most evil moments have been in role-playing, really, and not in game mechanics. Just one of the minor annoyances of BG.
  • PoupipoupipouPoupipoupipou Member Posts: 5
    I'd like to see blade, beast master, totemic druid, barbarian, monk ... All the class i've never played in BG because of team balancing with my fav' NPCs.
  • Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191
    Do you think the kits will be game-breaking?

I am a bit worried myself. I feel like the vanilla classes were part of what made IWD difficult. No insane kits.
    edited September 2014
    Maybe have a new evil ranger class, so that bad guys can be rangers too.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

Blackguard, of course.

Meh, I've always disagreed with the rigid thinking that underpines all three of those schools of thought regarding BG. For a fandom that prides itself on being so supposedly cerebral and imaginative, that particular bandwagon strikes me as the opposite and enemy to both of those things.
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    Class Kit:Assassin there are quite a few enemys i can think of i would like to take out before the fight even starts......

General Class:Druid i gotta stick to my root from the old days. HA GET IT?!?!?!?!?!? DRUID AND ROOTS??? No? ok..................
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

Blackguard, of course.

A Blackguard in the Dorn's Deep. I would watch it:)
  • ArmanciaArmancia Member Posts: 243
    I would like
    New Kit cleric: Battleguard of Tempus or warpriest.
    IWD 2, NWN 2

Add Barbarian kit :
    - Ravager, Barbarian like a kensai (no armor, or shield, but great damage and he has a fear ) Complete Barbarian's Handbook 2nd Ed. P 46 And Complete Warrior 3rd Ed P 73
    - Frenzied Berserker , Barbarian with bonus for the group like Cavalier, and more damage with fury , less defensive option
    Complete Warrior 3rd Ed P 34 and NWN2
    - Maybe a special class like Dwarf defender for Half orc, for example Eye of Gruumsh
    Complete Warrior 3rd Ed P 31

Thank you !