Skip to content

Well this was surprising

I'm a very confused, and very surprised by this development. I honestly thought you guys were going to work towards a BG3, or downloadable player content for BG1 and 2. I'm curious as to where this company is headed. As of right now I'm going to be honest in saying that I am very hesitant of ordering this game, as I am not sure as where the company is headed as a whole.

Did they deliver on their promises? Perhaps, perhaps not, but at the same time I would think that they wouldn't actually announce a new game until they fully patched bg2... of course I think it was smart of them to at least wait until the patch for BG1 was released... I think that would have just flared an entire outraged group of people on this forum... but I suppose I digress.

All in all I suppose I would just like a simple answer. Does this mean patches and player content have been pushed back for BG1 and 2, or does this simply mean that there will be more on the horizon? I'll be honest, I've never played the IWD games, so this isn't as exciting for me as it could be, I'm just hoping that this doesn't mean we're going to miss out on new NPCs or quests or such.
shawneKharador

Comments

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I think this post partially answers you question: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/540281/#Comment_540281
    Xaviorialolien
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I really don't think Beamdog will ever do a BG3 or put much new content into the existing games. That was never promised, IIRC.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

I really don't think Beamdog will ever do a BG3 or put much new content into the existing games. That was never promised, IIRC.

The devs have confirmed they are still working on "adventure Y", an additional quest/story or the BG games. In terms of BG3, they have always listed that as a "long term goal", I take that to mean "after we get a (mostly) bug free infinity engine and enough money from the EE games." I completely expect to see more EE games before they release any new games on the infinity engine.
    JuliusBorisovBlackravenlolien
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    This is making an educated assumption: With the infinity engine updated and patched BG2:EE shouldn't take too much time/resources to patch and port to Android.
    if that is true the same would be for IWD, the hard work is done meaning it would be relatively simple to 'enhance' a few games as a way (cynical business view point) make money/main revenue flow while other (maybe majority of) resources are put towards things like adventure 'Y'

Like i say pure assumptions and educated guess work
    Ah, Adventure Y. I forgot about it. Wasn't there also a promise of "a little something extra" as a compensation for all the trouble surrounding BGEE? Or was that the same thing?

Anyway, Adventure Y seems very vapory to me, and BG3 would probably need a thousand licenses from problematic license holders, so I'm not holding my breath.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

Wasn't there also a promise of "a little something extra" as a compensation for all the trouble surrounding BGEE? Or was that the same thing?

The 'little something extra' were the new kits introduced in one of the BG:EE patches.
    elminsterJuliusBorisovBlackravenjackjack
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited September 2014
    Also, Baeloth was an easter-egg NPC, totally made as a compensation for the delay of the BGEE release.
    KamigoroshiBlackraven
  • Bg3 is still plausable because of D&D Next
    and the return of Bhaal
    JonelethIrenicusJuliusBorisov

Wasn't there also a promise of "a little something extra" as a compensation for all the trouble surrounding BGEE? Or was that the same thing?

The 'little something extra' were the new kits introduced in one of the BG:EE patches.
    I see, thanks.

Still think there'll never be a BG3. The story is over, BG has never been canon in the Forgotten Realms anyway, and WotC or whoever is involved license-wise will most likely either not give out anything or have terrible prerequisites.