Skip to content

[Known] Walking Commoner's label rapidly fluctuates in size

FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Gate70 said:

Floating text for commoners should not fluctuate in size as they move

1. Load attached save.
2. Check graphics setup: Fullscreen, largest text setting, scale UI off.
3. Press Tab key and locate Nessie.
4. CTRL/Q her into the party.
5. Walk her around the tables while holding the TAB key down.

*Observed*
The floating text above Nessie fluctuates between two font sizes.

*Expected*
Floating text above characters should remain a constant size.

*Note*
Not sure one text size and scale UI setting produces this issue for everyone as initial reported settings worked fine for me. It might also depend on what person or creature is being viewed.

--- Original post (sans attachment) below ---
If you hold down Tab and watch a moving Commoner, their name tag above their head will fluctuate in size. Game is configured for fonts to be one notch larger then usual.

The font for some of the Commoner's sitting in The Friendly Arms Inn also have different size font to other sitting Commoner's.

If you hold down Tab and watch a moving Commoner, their name tag above their head will fluctuate in size. Game is configured for fonts to be one notch larger then usual.

The font for some of the Commoner's sitting in The Friendly Arms Inn also have different size font to other sitting Commoner's.
Post edited by Franpa on

Comments

• AtymAtym Member Posts: 2
    I believe I'm having this issue as well. It seems to occur when UI scaling is turned on and the font size is set to the two largest sizes. I've played with multiple resolutions and other settings, but this combination looks to be the only cause I can find. The beginning cutscene with Gorion is readily apparent, as the text over his head flickers and changes size rapidly.
  • psyactpsyact Member Posts: 81
    Just FYI, I am also having this problem, and it doesn't just occur with commoners. I have seen it with NPCs and CHARNAME as well. It does not occur when UI scaling is turned off. I'm on a 27" 2560x1440 monitor, if that matters.

This occurs regardless of the text size selected, in my case.