Skip to content

Who's most amazing assassin?

meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
Pretty straight forward. Your favorite assassin hired by Serevok. To qualify they have to have been sent after you, not you to them like tranzig or muhley. I know you come to tomoko but I think she was sent after you originally. And I feel like sythe and Kristin deserve to be on the poll. They're a good fight.
Sorry if I forgot someone, but at least I tried and made an activity post.
  1. Who's most amazing assasin?99 votes
    1. Shank and Carbos- The fist go is always the hardest
        5.05%
    2. Tarnesh- Whoa! Maybe he's not our friend after all!
      22.22%
    3. Karlat in Beragost- An unpleasant surprise after you get silke
        2.02%
    4. Neira- what! No, I'm fatigued!!
        7.07%
    5. The Amazons- DAT LOOT!
      17.17%
    6. NIMBUL- Holy sh*t, a competent bard!
      24.24%
    7. Drakar & friends(the group is south gullykin)- WTF are you guys doing out here?
        2.02%
    8. Lothander and Merek- Wait, my other boots of speed! Come back!
        4.04%
    9. Sythe and Kristin in the undercellers- Wow, he was quick!
      11.11%
    10. Tomoko- Best for last, anyone?
        5.05%
Post edited by meagloth on
BlackravenJuliusBorisovCrevsDaakDJKajuruStarflower2525lolienVitor[Deleted User]

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @$?!{%!!
    Of course that happened.
    @JLee‌ was he sent by Serevok though?
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2014
    I just like her introduction

slythe and kristen are exellant too though but they miss out for never actually trying to assassinate you
    Post edited by element on
    JuliusBorisov
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Karlat is often the idiotic bane of my illfated solo no reloads, made worse by the fact I didnt HAVE to fight thst damnable crit-monkey.

BlackravenJuliusBorisovlolien
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    I like all of them for various reasons, but for the most part I think these are very interesting encounters. I don't like bosses in games, because they're just sitting at the end of a dungeon waiting to be killed, whereas these assassins go after you. Kind of reverse situation, more believable one. Additionally, they are usually placed next to strategic places (inns etc.). I chose Neira, because normally I wouldn't expect a solo cleric to be effective against a party, yet she proves that it can work quite well. My second choise would be the Amazons, not because of the loot, but their unexpected location, you just left Nashkel mines and bam! Assassins!
    BlackravenelementThe_New_Romance
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I really enjoy Slythe and Krystin--their voices are hilarious. Have you ever listened to all their dialog?

Krystin: "99 buckets of blood on the wall, 99 buckets of blood"

Slythe: "I once met a man from Nantucket--oh, wait...wrong world."
    meaglothelementCrevsDaakSophia
    Huh. I really thought shank and carbos would get some love. I don't think any of the other assassins have bg2 cameos.
    DreadKhanJLee
    JLeeKlorox
    DreadKhan said:

While your fatigued and singed to the edge of death by a surprise lightning bolt.
    DreadKhan
    @meagloth‌ I see Karlat's bloody ghost laughing every damn time I get stuck in a Lightningbolt cluster**** in an enclosed space.

Sadistic! That. Dwarf. Is. EVIL!
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Baby got back
    CrevsDaakjackjack
  • MoffMoff Member Posts: 13
    Though i guess that if i had to choose the most successful assassin, that would've been Tarnesh. I'm pretty sure that in all my playthroughs he killed me more times than the rest of them combined.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    In my BGT install these guys are levels 16 (Slythe) and 20 (Kristin).
    CrevsDaak said:

Cccreeeeeeevvvvvvvvssss. We. Know.
    Congratulations. Now shut up.
    :P
    (Kidding)
    CrevsDaak
    Bg1 enemies shouldnt be getting HLAs @CrevsDaak‌ !

What level is Sarevok?!
    CrevsDaak
    DreadKhan said:

What level is Sarevok?!

He's level 15, he didn't get the change, since he is already modified by SCS via level-overriding.
    CrevsDaak said:

Actually, seems like I forgot to do some more level-adding this time, so they actually are: Kristin 16/16 Mage/Thief and Slythe 9/11 Fighter/Thief.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I have to vote the Amazons as they have in the past left many in my party dead.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    With their spells, fire arrows and poison darts , a battle against them is always a challenge.
    meagloth
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Hmm, well, yes, you missed one, @meagloth‌, and indeed the one I'd vote for: Drasus and his pals, at the Cloakwood Mine. The guy from whom you win the Boots of Speed.

Hmm, well, yes, you missed one, @meagloth‌, and indeed the one I'd vote for: Drasus and his pals, at the Cloakwood Mine. The guy from whom you win the Boots of Speed.

No, this was mentioned before, @Gallowglass‌. I don't consider than to be assassins cause you come to them. They're just head guard or something. Really you're the assassin.
    I curse myself for forgetting larze, however.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Ah, Nimbul. The man I love to hate... He's killed me far too many times.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Southpaw said:

Because this one is not called "Best assassin", but "most AMAZING assassin", my choice is easy - Tomoko.
    A tragic hero of her own story, witnessing the fall of her love and battling the futility of her situation. Her short appearances have found me lovestruck and in awe ... and bitter, after I had to kill her.
    Plus, her voice acting moves a string within me that I never knew I had...it's pure "audio erotica".

If this was called "Best assassin", I would have voted for Venom, my Thief who poisoned his way through BGEE and wreaks havoc in BG2EE bringing fear (and sharp pointy items) into the hearts of Mages. (Literally)
    The rest of the people above are amateurs.
    One final argument: "Telka" in Slovak/Czech means "TV"

I love how her voice actor says "Chaos will be sown from their passing" The whole Melancholic feeling that she puts in that line before her futile battle against your party really shows how helpless her situation actually is. Each time hearing that I almost feel sorry for killing her.
    Southpaw
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    I'm gonna have to go with the group, simply because they were the only assassins who have actually managed to kill me once in all the years I have been playing. Plus group vs group fights are always much more fun imo.
    Tuth
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    meagloth said:

No, this was mentioned before, @Gallowglass‌. I don't consider than to be assassins cause you come to them. They're just head guard or something. Really you're the assassin.
    I curse myself for forgetting larze, however.
    Well, it's your poll, but I think that's misconceived. Drasus drops a letter from Rieltar making it clear that he's been hired especially because you're on your way, not as part of the regular staff, so his job is specifically to stop you. Since your definition is broad enough to include Slythe & Krystin (who are undoubtedly assassins, but are not directed at you), then I'd have expected Drasus to be included as well.

However, on the basis you have set, I vote Nimbul. He's got memorable dialogue, and if I just run in without preparing for him (i.e. don't metagame), then he's a tough opponent who has defeated my party on a couple of occasions.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    edited September 2014
    There is a party of ogre-mages in a building just south of the Iron Throne. They were hired by Sarevok, and they are a difficult fight to be sure.

I voted for the Gullykin Kids, because it's got some great smack talk before the fight.

"I'm sure you'll be about as 'tough' as everybody else I've laid waste to."

--Charnam

Silence spells make just about every attempt easy, especially Nimbul.
    meaglothTuthThe_New_RomanceCrevsDaak