If I am reading correctly IWD:EE will feature all of the BGEE and BG2EE kits. However I am wondering will there be any new kits? More specifically as the title says I am interested in the Cleric kits but also others as well.
IWD2 for exampe had 9 cleric kits...although ofc it used different set of DnD rules but still...
In addition to three "default" kits such as Morninglord of Lathander, Watcher of Helm and Stormlord of Talos there were also 6 other kits (2 for each alignment):
Painbearer of Ilmater (Good alignment)
Silverstar of Selune (Good)
Lorekeeper of Oghma (Neutral)
Battleguard of Tempus (Neutral)
Dreadmaster of Bane (Evil)
Demarch of Mask (Evil)http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD2/clerics.php
Also kinda related when IWD2 was first announced it was also planned to have kits as well for other classes until they decided to switch from 2ed AD&D to 3ed D&D. The devs also left info in game for these new kits as the change of rules happened during development and people found them. So there was a new kit for each of the classes in BG2 which replaced one other kit. Now honestly I would like to see them all implemented without replacing anything but simply added just like Shadowdancer or Sun Soul/Dark Moon Monks were added in EE editions.
For example in IWD2 these new kits were planned (while still based on 2nd AD&D rules):
Fighters: Mercenary, Wizard Slayer, Weapons Master (Kensai) - Mercenaries obviously replaced Berserkers...I presume due to its similarity with Barbarian. Kensai was renamed 'Weapons Master'.
MERCENARY: Mercenaries are soldiers who sell their services to the highest bidder. Traveling great distances in harsh conditions for coin and fame, the mercenary is a man or woman who must master a variety of weapons and styles to satisfy his or her employer's needs.
* Two extra proficiency slots at 1st level.
* One extra proficiency slot at 6th level.
* Carry weight increased by 50%.
* Unable to start with Weapon Specialization.
* Unable to achieve Grand Mastery in a weapon.
Paladins: Cavalier, Inquisitor and Votary - Votary replaced Undead Hunter
VOTARY: Grim, intensely devoted champions of their faith, votaries are the bane of all evil priests. Votaries are known for their vehement dislike for all foreign religions and their skill at dispatching the agents of such faiths.
* +4 attack bonus and Damage vs. Clerics and Druids.
* 1 additional spell per spell level the votary is able to cast.
* 1 additional Holy Smite per day/4 levels.
* May not use Lay on Hands.
* May not use Remove Disease.
Druids: Avenger, Shapeshifter and Aes Dana - again Totemic Druid from BG2 was replaced by 'Aes Dana'
AES DANA: Among the more civic-minded of druids, the Aes Dana are well versed in history, frequently assist war bands, and heal the wounded after battle. Druids like the Aes Dana are often found in the Moonshae Isles.
* +10 to Lore.
* 3rd level: Cure Moderate Wounds 1/Day.
* 5th level: Prayer 1/Day.
* 7th level: Recitation 1/Day.
* Cannot shapeshift into animals, only elementals at high levels.
Thieves: Assassin, Swashbuckler and Arcane Rogue - Bounty Hunter replaced by Arcane Rogue
ARCANE ROGUE: Combining the skills of a rogue with minor magical powers, the arcane rogue is a potent scout and decoy. The arcane rogue focuses less time on lethal combat than his or her fellow rogues.
* +10% to Use Magic Device.
* 5th level: Invisibility 1/day.
* 9th level: Improved Invisibility 1/day.
* 11th level: Dimension Door 1/day.
* 15th level, Shades 1/day.
* -10% on all rogue skills except Use Magic Device.
* Cannot make Sneak Attacks (Backstab).
Bards: Blade, Riddlemaster and Skald - Riddlemaster replaced Jester from BG2
RIDDLEMASTER: This bard uses odd, confusing riddles to infuriate and dazzle opponents. As Riddlemaster gains experience, he or she learns more powerful riddles in the same manner that a traditional bard learns songs.
* 3rd level: The Infuriating Dilemma: This riddle is so annoying to the target that he or she goes berserk for five rounds. It is useable 3/day.
* 5th level: King's Logic: The Riddlemaster presents a logic puzzle so fascinating that the target is stunned for five rounds. It is useable 3/day.
* 7th level: Gram's Paradox: All enemy creatures within 20' of the Riddlemaster are confused for five rounds. It is useable 1/day.
* 9th level: Foolproof: The Riddlemaster is immune to all confusion, fear, and berserk effects.
* 11th level: Conundrum: The target of this incredibly difficult riddle is subjected to a Feeblemind spell. It is useable 3/day.
* All deaf/silenced creatures, elementals, undead, animals, and constructs are immune to the Riddlemaster's riddles. Creatures with Intelligence under 5 or over 19 are immune to the riddles as well. All creatures receive a saving throw vs. spell against the effects.
* Riddlemasters only gain the Ballad of Three Heroes bard song.
Rangers: Stalker, Giant Killer and Archer - Giant Killer replaced Beast Master
GIANT KILLER: The classic heroes of countless tales throughout the Realms, Giant Killers are rangers who devote their efforts towards the protection of civilized lands from evil giants and their kin.
* +1 attack bonus per level vs. Giants, Ogres, and Trolls.
* +1 to Damage per level vs. Giants, Ogres, and Trolls.
* Giant killers may not select a racial enemy.
* Giant killers are unable to track.http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25916
So to recap I'd like to see all these kits being "re-introduced" back in IWD: EE on top of the BG&BG2 EE kits.