Skip to content

[EE Keeper] Party Editing

QixoniQixoni Member Posts: 2
Hey guys.

So, essentially, I want to re-live my old IWD days of complete party creation here on BG(EE). My current approach is to start up a game & recruit any 5 party members as quickly as possibly before I then edit their portrait, stats and such using the EE Keeper. This is working pretty well besides 2 points:

Name
Voice

I can't seem to find an option to edit either of these things so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I also realize that this is quite a convoluted process so if there is an easier way to create your own partyin BG:EE that'd be fantastic to hear.

Thank you. I apologize in advance if I have missed any existing & relevant threads.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited September 2014
    Name should be at the top left of the party editor window, there's a text box and a button labelled '##' next to it.

There is currently no option to edit the character voice. I'll consider implementing it in the future, but not for the next planned update. :-)

Probably the easiest way to create your own custom party is to start a new multiplayer game, create your party, save the game, and then go to your /Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/mpsave/ and transfer it to your /Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save/ folder. There's some quirkiness with doing that, as pointed out on the forum, but probably not much more than editing your save game.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    The names for NPCs are stored as string references. They point to entries in the dialog.tlk file. EE Keeper doesn't edit the dialog.tlk file.

If you want to play with an entirely created party, you can do that with a multiplayer game where you control all the characters yourself.

See this thread.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12254/creating-an-entire-party
  • QixoniQixoni Member Posts: 2
    Troodon80, AstroBryGuy,

Thank you very much! I'll have a play around with the multiplayer game. Much appreciated.