Skip to content

[Known 7175] Korkorran Bug

PantaloonsPantaloons Member Posts: 25
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
First post. At the Hexxat quest in ToB, I have this wierd bug with after I defeat Korkorran, it goes through the cutscene and fades to black. Several seconds pass and the screen comes back again, still in the tomb, but now with no HUD and I can't do anything other than quitting the game. Can't even bring up options.

Help me please, you're my only hope.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    If it happens every time @Pantaloons can you zip and attach a save so someone can help.
    Thanks
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The bug is known but I still have to find a workaround. It would be great if you upload your save, so I can take a look at it.
    Gate70
    @CrevsDaak‌ there was one about evil cleric turn undead on Korkorran too. I could sometimes replicate that with Viconia but was getting 2 scenarios. I'll attach a save there in case you have time to work out how to reliably produce each scenario.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34056/9279-abazigal-death-speech-scripts-break-easily
    CrevsDaak
  • PantaloonsPantaloons Member Posts: 25
    My bad, I shoulda included the save to begin with. Here it is.
    @Gate70‌ nonono, I was saying about one from 3 or even 5 months ago... I'll later search the thread.

Best workaround is to CLUAConsole to Watcher's Keep, then go to the Pocket Plane, cluaconsole out of the Pocket Plane, and go back to the Pocket Plane. That SHOULD fix it (if it doesn't I'll edit the .Gam and fix it manually).
    @CrevsDaak‌

I tried to do what you wrote, but the same broken cutscene played, fade to black and back again with no HUD.

Perhaps I did something incorrectly or I may have misunderstood what you wrote. I CLUA'd to WK, went to PP, CLUA'd out of there back to the tomb and went back to the PP and then back to the tomb again.
    edited September 2014
    edit, nm. Not relevant.
    @Gate70‌

No. I have tried several strategies (trapspam, dispel and slash, summonspam, even just ctrl-y) but the same result every time.

I usually never use turn undead.
    Can you remember if you used the pocket plane ability in that area (from memory I think that was my suspicion for earlier incidences of this)
    @Gate70‌

I think I did, but I can't say for sure.

CrevsDaak‌

I tried to do what you wrote, but the same broken cutscene played, fade to black and back again with no HUD.

Perhaps I did something incorrectly or I may have misunderstood what you wrote. I CLUA'd to WK, went to PP, CLUA'd out of there back to the tomb and went back to the PP and then back to the tomb again.

Oh, yeah, seems like I also had fixed the cutscene in the first place :\
    edited September 2014
    @Pantaloons‌
    I have a save ready for you to test - I'd like to get your confirmation before logging an issue. Unfortunately I'm struggling to upload it at present so might be a little while.

Note for self
    The Baldur.gam file had incorrect details around Pocket Plane.
    Current Area: Should be AR5501.ARE (or wherever Hexxat used the casque), was AR5500.ARE
    Master Area: Should be AR4500.ARE, was OH7300.ARE
    Stored Location (1 per character): Should be same as Current Area with x,y values, was None and 0,0

I can't be certain why the issue happened, still suspect a pocket plane jump which should be disabled.
    It should be fairly easy to see if there has been an issue - no stored locations.
    So 2 possible options - identify the cause and fix, or add a default destination.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/FileUpload/e5/7bb689b8c06c7b474edc4a3fd43fc7.zip
    Post edited by Gate70 on
    CrevsDaakPantaloons
    @Pantaloons‌ don't suppose you can remember if you went there from the Pocket Plane initially?
    (which might be issue 7175)
    Pantaloons
    edited September 2014
    @Gate70‌
    I am sorry for I cannot remember, but thanks for looking into this problem, I really appreciate it. I will check out your zip when I am home.
    Going to mark as 7175 for the time being.
    @Gate70‌

That zip fixed it. Thank you.
    PibaroCrevsDaak

If seen in a game started before the 1.3 patch, the below works.
    - Jump to AR5501
    - Pocket plane
    - Return from pocket plane
    C:SetGlobal("ohh_Cabrina25,"GLOBAL",2)
    - Speak to Hexxat
    - Jump near to Korkorran.