Skip to content

Dragon's Den: mage guard page 1 wip

DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
edited September 2021 in Fan Creations
I haven't done much, procrastination and class work are my anti artists. Well I've been enjoying my current my roleplaying as a DD in BGEE. If I didn't have this thing about trying to beat games vanilla before modding them, I'd be searching for a dragon shapeshifting mod. Cheap, probably. Broken, more then likely. Stop dragons from being awesome, never!

Anyways my charaname romancing Neera who is completely awesome btw (next play through, evil wildmage definitely!) So I decided to do a sketch of her.
Post edited by DragonKing on
JuliusBorisovrufus_hobartCrevsDaaklolienbrusdragonsketchmf2112

Comments

• rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    Very nice! Love the way you've done the hair which can often be quite difficult to capture, well done! Heh, and good luck with your follow-up playthrough, wild mages are much fun, along with tear-your-hair-out frustrating, but I'm sure you've already found that with Ms. Neera.
    loliendragonsketch
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited September 2014

Very nice! Love the way you've done the hair which can often be quite difficult to capture, well done! Heh, and good luck with your follow-up playthrough, wild mages are much fun, along with tear-your-hair-out frustrating, but I'm sure you've already found that with Ms. Neera.

Thanks, I am think ing about doing one for viconia, my Charaname, my charaname in a dragon for and so on. As far as frustrating go, I found wild mages more fun then frustrating. Maybe its because I'm more insane then sane, but I prefer them to regular mages.

I kind of lied, I actually have two playthrough right now and the second one is of a evil wild mage XD with Neera as my back up mage. I remember when I dropped a cow on the head of a ogre, it was beautiful. I also learned not to put khalid and Viconia in the same team...I I also learned Khalid can't beat Viconia 1v1....Now until I find a replacement, I'm stuck with that one mage found at the end of the tunnel.
    lolienrufus_hobartdragonsketch
    Now, here is a WIP for Viconia DeVir portrait; I 'm guessing that I'm going to do a value drawing this time.
    JuliusBorisovdragonsketch
    I sit here for how long debating whether or not to make this post since its ultimately a triple post... Anyways, here is the second Viconia WIP.
    rufus_hobartJuliusBorisovdragonsketch
    Again, nice work, very impressive.

And re: wild mages, I confess I'm in complete agreement, I'm a sucker for having them around, currently have my Charname wild mage and Neera together, which is a boatload of flying cow disappearing gold fun.

Khalid and Viconia? I must say I've never found them conflicting, maybe Kivan? And Xan-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel is fun in his own masochistic way.
    edited September 2014

Again, nice work, very impressive.

And re: wild mages, I confess I'm in complete agreement, I'm a sucker for having them around, currently have my Charname wild mage and Neera together, which is a boatload of flying cow disappearing gold fun.

Khalid and Viconia? I must say I've never found them conflicting, maybe Kivan? And Xan-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel is fun in his own masochistic way.

Thanks, once I finish this one I'm going to do one for my Charanam and then him in dragon form.

Oh, they fight, I was on floor two of the mines when he said something he didn't like and then I as watching a freaking fight right before my eyes....

Wait, wait, wait, I'm sorry this is my screw up. Not Khalid but Kivan. It was Kivan that Viconia had put down.
    dragonsketch
    Heh, yeah Kivan's a bit of a bigot. And your drawing looks better each time, loving them!
    Unfortunately I have nothing to report, I hit a dead end on the Viconia portrait, and due to artist block, haven't started on the Charaname portrait. I have been uping my D&D dragon search more then usual....well I guess I can't say that since googling the word "dragon" and searching for new dragon artwork regardless of series or culture is almost a ritualistic thing for me >.>

If I can get past this block, I'll be starting on a dragon portrait for my Charaname. Really ish DD had a dragon tranformation in this game. I wouldn't even care if it was considered UP, as long as I could stay in it like the druids can stay in theirs lol.
    dragonsketch
    Well here is a quick sketch of my DD in dragon form. Sorry, my handwriting is garbage.
    JuliusBorisovBrer_Rabbitdragonsketch
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

my handwriting is garbage.

No, no, no, far from it! Keep up the good work!
    bengoshi said:

my handwriting is garbage.

No, no, no, far from it! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks, I haven't worked on anything since I've been rejected from entering my major of drawing and painting. I may try to do something with Neera and Charname I do wish I had a full turn around of the ingane portraits for the one I used, but I'm going to fake it until I make it I guess.

So here is another sketch, Neera and Charname, Neera is fatigued... Which I noticed that I spelled wrong. Either way, more sketches soon to come.
    JuliusBorisovloliens0ulafeindragonsketch
    Nobody loves me :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

Since I'm in bit of a BG mood right now, any request?
    Do I've been having two ideas running around in my head. So its time to get one of them out... Basically in my version of the story, after Charname gives up his bhaal essence to remain with Viconia, and after hearing news of her pregnancy he has constantly been trying to convince her t let the child carry the name of her house, but she is set against it.

I know, the head feels to big, it was a bit bigger in the first picture I took, I ad to scale it down before taking this one. It stl feels a bit big, so I'll mess with it more when I awake.

So the banter...

Bubble 1:
    No my foolish ssinsirigg, our child shall not carry the name "Devir!" Nothing that you can say will change my mind.

Bubble 2:
    DAMMIT WOMAN, GIVE ME THIS!!!

Bubble 3:
    NO!!!

Bubble 4:
    You're really making me debate taking CHARM PERSON ad my next spell choice!

Bubble 5:
    If you do then the next couple of times that we rest, I just may forget how my mouth and tongue works! I may also forget the erotic arts thatbi have spent years learning! I think I even feel a headache coming on right now!
    Brer_RabbitJuliusBorisov
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    I for one enjoy the art. :) Thank you for sharing!! Have you read the visual novel series "Saga"? It seems like a scene out of it... lol

As for requests, I don't have any... I am curious as to why your OC is so intent on having his child carry the DeVir name. I think I heard a plot bunny run by...
    JuliusBorisov
    edited August 2015
    @Brer_Rabbit
    No I have not, I'm not a large fan of books and comics based on rpgs, because its not my character. I didn't read the skyrim comic, because that's not my redguard wizard. I didn't read the comic for Kotor because that's not my Jedi consular.

While the storys are probably awesome, it takes away the immersion that comes with playing the game. The little above scene is practically one from my own continuation and changes to the story.

Edit, also thanks.
    Brer_Rabbit
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159

@Brer_Rabbit
    No I have not, I'm not a large fan of books and comics based on rpgs, because its not my character. I didn't read the skyrim comic, because that's not my redguard wizard. I didn't read the comic for Kotor because that's not my Jedi consular.

While the storys are probably awesome, it takes away the immersion that comes with playing the game. The little above scene is practically one from my own continuation and changes to the story.

Edit, also thanks.

"Saga" isn't based on any fictional universe and is its own distinct series. This reminded me of it as it revolves around a couple from opposite sides of a war and their baby girl trying to make their way around a bizarre universe-- rather like Viconia rejecting her old universe for a new and uncertain one here.

I'm still curious to know why Bhaalspawn wants a DeVir heir as a child!!
    @Brer_Rabbit
    Oh, that sounds interesting... With that said...

The ways of the bhaalspawn are shrouded and mystery! That and my character isn't actually bhaalspawn lol. It's one of those changes I mentioned. Unless I specifically state otherwise, I don't follow the story 100%

For example the character Vi is talking to is my DD, who rescued her twice, once during the iron crisis and again in Amn. Since she is non-canonical companion, I can just replace him for the ward. I'm also a believer of everything you CAN do in a video game, the protag DOESN'T actually do canonly. Meaning some adventures like Durlag's tower or totsc I don't believe the Gorion's ward actually did so those are things I tend to attach onto my character.

Add onto that my infactuation with dragons, he is also Dragon born... Despite the fact t the race hating dragons and if Viconia can fall for a half orc, then dammit she can fall for the one race willing to show every other Race respect!
    Brer_Rabbit
    This is literally the only place I haven't posted this, so... I started a failing patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/theshamanillustrations?ty=h
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    So, I might be doing another fan art sketch soon, so stay tones!
    Here's a sketch of imoen.
    JuliusBorisovSkatan
    I see something.
    JuliusBorisovSkatan
    "These Strange Hours that We Keep!" Viconia and my Dragonborn charname.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Two current gouache painting I'm working on.
    JuliusBorisovbruslolienCrevsDaak