Skip to content

What's the story behind your screen name?

Comments

• rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    Jairyanna said:

Ok then. Though I reckon the game might be over soon anyway because @booinyoureyes‌ is sooo close! :P

Steals a second guess cos I'm greedy like that. Ooh! Ooh! Is it Josephine? It's Josephine isn't it. Tell me it'a Josephine. Is it Is it Is it? *gets tranquilised*...Apologies for that.
    Jairyannabooinyoureyeskaguana
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    @rufus_hobart‌ Nope. Sorry :)
    rufus_hobart
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited September 2014

note: I'm not actually Batman™.

Oh sure, Bruce Wayne. I believe ya.

@Jairyanna‌ how about Janet or Jocelyn?

hmm.... Joanne?
    I should have thought of that.
    @booinyoureyes‌ i guessed that already. I'll second @Daunt‌'s Joanna.
    Edit: speaking of real names, my first name is a traditional halfling name, according to 5th edition:)
    ElrandirJairyannalolienkaguana
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @Southpaw I knew it! When I first saw your name I thought "Must do martial arts."
    meaglothlolienkaguanaPibaro
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @Elrandir - yea. I actually do boxing and martial arts. Good guess :-)
    ElrandirlolienPibaro
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I'd like to know the origin of a few poster's names

1. @Nimran‌
    2. @kcwise‌
    3. @Schneidend‌
    4. @Montresor_SP‌
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

When I joined Sorcerer's Place, I was reading a lot of Edgar Allan Poe, so I took the name Montresor from the insane killer in The Cask of Amontillado. I added _SP (for Sorcerer's Place) when I joined these forums.

I always thought your name was based on that story since I read it but I had never asked so to confirm :p
    lolienMontresor_SPPibaro
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    kiwidoc said:

Jairyanna said:

(and I didn't want to use my own name. It's an old lady name and didn't really fit with the strong, confident Paladin I was creating. 10 points if you can guess what it is :P).

Judy?
    My name is Judy ... and you think it's an old lady name .... wanders off to a corner of the room to sob in the dark :( Oh well, it's not that bad - officially I'm Judith, I was always Judy as a kid but during adulthood that changed and now everyone calls me Jude.
    Aw! D: I love the name Judith. If it helps, the reason Judy first came to mind is because one of my co-workers is an older lady who is actually named Judy. So... Guilt by association, I suppose. Jude is also pretty cool.
    kaguanalolien
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328

Jude is also pretty cool.

I agree it a cool name :)

And @kiwidoc‌ isn't boring it nice that you took something from your country and what you do / did in life and combine them together :)
    kcwiselolien