Skip to content

Where's the readme?

So I've just had Steam install the 1.3 update but a readme describing the changes made is nowhere to be found. Did it not occur to anyone that we might want to have this information? Or has it been placed in some obscure location that I wouldn't think to look into?

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2014
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Thanks. I was kind of expecting it to be included with the download. I guess the people who don't come to this forum are out of luck.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Yeah, I was kind of expecting it too. There was a patch notes for 1.2 inside the installer, after all.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014
    If you check out the steam "recent news" section (you see it when you've selected the game in your steam client) it provides you with the url for the thread in the forum that shows the changes made.
    Well I've found it here already thanks to mlnverse. Frankly, considering the amount of time it took to get it out, it doesn't seem like there was a lot done. And too bad I'm finished with BG1. I got kind of bored with it and have moved on to BG2. It's a good game but nearly as good as 2. I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't Add_Store_Item to the modding additions. They already had it in BG2, and it can be a very nice feature to anyone adding in new gear. I've added some container bags to the game and have a random number for various shops, so I can never be sure where they'll end up. But I couldn't do that with BG1.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited August 2014
    @Belanos‌ If it's in the BGII:EE engine, it's now in the BG:EE engine. The change log is for things above and beyond what was done for BGII:EE, so a lot of features from BGII:EE's engine aren't explicitly mentioned.

But they're both now using the same code; anything you can do modding-wise in BGII:EE, you can now also do in BG:EE as of 1.3.
    Dee said:

@Belanos‌ If it's in the BGII:EE engine, it's now in the BG:EE engine. The change log is for things above and beyond what was done for BGII:EE, so a lot of features from BGII:EE's engine aren't explicitly mentioned.

But they're both now using the same code; anything you can do modding-wise in BGII:EE, you can now also do in BG:EE as of 1.3.

Excellent! Thank you for the information. I'm finding that to be a very handy action to have, especially since you never added any Ammo Bags in either game. They're invaluable IMO.

edited August 2014
    So I was just looking at the Action.IDS file and I don't see AddStoreItem listed there. If I add it manually, will it still work? The list doesn't go past 358, AddStoreItem is 363 in BG2.
    @Dee

So I just tried to get AddStoreItem working in BG1EE, but it's not doing anything. The entry is not listed in the IDS file so I copied it from the BG2 one and added a script entry in the Candlekeep Inn area script to have an Ammo Bag appear in Winthrop's inventory, as a test. But the bag did not appear there. So that Action still does not function in BG1.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Belanos: I was actually just playing around with AddStoreItem() in the inn and it was working fine. What did you put in the script?
    edited September 2014
    @Balquo

This:

IF
    Global("AmmoBeltD","Global",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    AddStoreItem("INN2616","A2ZBAG2D",1,0)
    SetGlobal("AmmoBeltD","Global",1)
    END

I added it to the AR2616.BSC script, which is Winthrop's inn, and Inn2616 is Winthrop. And I added it before I entered the inn, so that's not the issue. But the Ammo Bag didn't appear in Winthrop's inventory. As I mentioned, the entry for AddStoreItem wasn't even in the Action.ids file, I had to copy it from BG2. What I'm hoping on doing is also adding RandomNum to the trigger so that I can have bags appearing at various possible merchants in the game, rather than always knowing where they are. But I just did this one as a test to see if it would work, but it didn't. Now I'm not sure why.

Oops, looks like I spoke too soon. I just tried it again and the bag was there. I'm not sure why it didn't work the first time. So never mind.