Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Perhaps I needed a hyphen.. F-Undead... Hmmm...
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Anduin‌ You didn't miss it you are here after all :P
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    kaguana said:

@kaguana‌
    *note the fire resistance icon.

Who is this?

@meagloth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSC4nCa6Qw4

Watch from 2:30 to about 4, and you'll get your answer. :D

I like the "sorceress supreme" idea, but I still can't take anime. At least the fireball thing makes sense now.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    meagloth said:

but I still can't take anime.

Me for 90% of my life. I discovered good anime late in life, at around 22 (thanks to watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and then Monster) which is probably the opposite of most people's development (I am going backwards D:) I have since checked out a few others. Some are actually very good (to my surprised) but I definitely share your general sentiment that anime can be hard to take. It is certainly an acquired taste.

That said, @Nonnahswriter‌ 's clip looks pretty funny :D. I like how she's so clueless yet still totally badass
    I can't watch the clip not available in my country :(( but I guess I know what part it is lol Lina fire away ;)
    good one @Nonnahswriter‌ that capture my meme's

As for anime @meagloth‌ well if you don't like it you don't but it your lost ;)
    edited September 2014

I grew up on The Slayers, so my opinion's probably heavily biased and skewed due to nostalgia...

BUT AJIF;ESA;FJESAJ;FIESAJF;EJSI;AJFIESAJFI;ELA IT'S SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD! :D:D:D

If you like D&D, I definitely recommend it. You'll find a ton of sword and sorcery flashy goodness, but it's a comedic show at heart, so all the action and characters are super whacky. Lina Inverse is everything that you wouldn't expect in a fantasy hero; she's not a righteous do-gooder, she's a money-grubbing self-proclaimed genius mage who loves to blow stuff up. :D Pair her with the idiot swordsman Gourry, and they're an instant riot.

My main complaint is that it's an older show, so the english voice acting is a little...trying, at times. The main cast is pretty great (especially once they get Crispin Freeman as Zelgadis and Veronica Tayler as Amelia), but a lot of the minor characters need work... Especially in the later seasons, when they introduce Xellos. (God I hate his english VA. =_=+)

I didn't grow up on it, I find it out all on my own a long time ago and I love it, but hollly mully I can't for the life of me watch anime dub, (even the once I grow up on) that include The slayers I think the original sound are the best and you really should just watch it in japanese and english sub sooooooooo much better.

• The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    kaguana said:

I can't watch the clip not available in my country :((

I also got the country message, but I'm fairly sure this is it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0VZ7eT3QzA
    @The_Potty_1‌ I know what part @Nonnahswriter‌ post (and OMG the dub can't watch it for more then a sec) but thanks for posting it. :)

The part she is talking about is the one when Lina cast a fire bull on the thieves camps and steal all their treasures and on the way she get introduce in the first episode of the series.

meagloth said:

but I still can't take anime.

Me for 90% of my life. I discovered good anime late in life, at around 22 (thanks to watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and then Monster) which is probably the opposite of most people's development (I am going backwards D:) I have since checked out a few others. Some are actually very good (to my surprised) but I definitely share your general sentiment that anime can be hard to take. It is certainly an acquired taste.

That said, @Nonnahswriter‌ 's clip looks pretty funny :D. I like how she's so clueless yet still totally badass

If you like D&D, I definitely recommend it. You'll find a ton of sword and sorcery flashy goodness, but it's a comedic show at heart, so all the action and characters are super whacky. Lina Inverse is everything that you wouldn't expect in a fantasy hero; she's not a righteous do-gooder, she's a money-grubbing self-proclaimed genius mage who loves to blow stuff up. :D Pair her with the idiot swordsman Gourry, and they're an instant riot.
    Actually, I took a long time to warm up to D&D. I always found the lore overwrought and a bit cookie, probably cause I grew up with Tolkien and CS Lewis, and all things pale in their shadow. Really, i'm still not sold on D&D. I would love to to a tabletop game but i'd probably end up rewriting the players handbook:/
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    @meagloth I started on CS Lewis, and then discovered Tolkien, at which point I decided Lewis was a talentless hack who stole everything he ever wrote from Tolkien, and even worse, added a christian bias to it. As for D&D, it has produced things of wonder and brilliance, but deep down it really is pretty flawed, and relies heavily on the skill of the DM to actually make any sense at all. So hug your DM today.