Skip to content

Pillars of Eternity (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    jaysl659 said:

Is it already known how large the game world will be? For example, does it stretch over a whole planet with different climate zones? Or is it set in a specific continent? I'm afraid that I'm not that well informed about the specifics of PoE.

@Kamigoroshi I'll just give you the link to the relevant PoE wiki page

If you click on the picture at the top right of that article you'll see a map of the area where most of PoE will be taking place.
    It's... it's smaller than I hoped for. Judging from this single map, the implemented game world will be merely the pennisula of an subcontinent-ish landmass. Or something along those lines. I kind of hoped to see a complete world map with all continents on it.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Dee said:

Please be civil, everyone.

Or just stop discussing that topic:) Let's instead discuss the delay news.

Personally, I'm hugely relieved. The worst thing that could happen is them releasing the game, considered to "continue the classical RPGs", in a non-ready state. It would shift the focus of players completely, forcing them to bring negativity of titanic sizes. PoE, along with Numenera, just ought to be polished. Only the best state that can be is a guarantee we will focus on gameplay, quests and features. The story of BGEE (1 and 2) releases shows just how it's important to ship a game in an appropriate state.

And basing my view on the Beta I think PoE is in fact far from that. They still change basic features of the game, try different approaches to skills and classes. Combining that and fixing bugs is a very hard work.

This is the very situation when " it will be out only when it's ready" concept suits so much. Just as with IWDEE.

So, I'll gladly wait for not only "early 2015" but also"middle 2015" and eve "late 2015" if in the end they release the real quality.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    I'm just glad to get this announcement now. At least Obsidian are open and honest about the whole process... :)
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,194
    Based on what I read here, delaying seems to be a good choice. But delaying also costs money and they don't have much for spare (personal guess). I don't think they can afford to ship it "out only when it's ready", I think they have a limit.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @Kamigoroshi the area is described as being roughly (or slightly smaller than) the size of Spain... I think it looks reasonably sized and packed with areas. I guess we'd all like more areas of course, I'm looking forward to a nice expansion and a sequel that's larger than the first installment.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    jaysl659 said:

The release date of PoE has been pushed back to "early 2015" according to the Obsidian Forums.

Surprise surprise... I don't know whether I should roll my eyes or praise them for not pushing it.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,194
    I think they have a room for making some delays, but I just meant that they can't postpone the release too much, because eventually they would run out of money. I believe it won't happen though. :)
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Bummed about the delay, but good things come to all who wait. Looking forward to the release next year.
    Great research @bengoshi‌ ! I think the original release windows were way to short based on where they were when the kick starter started.
    Cool I missed those reticles :)
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    im looking forward to this game..

Stopped playing BG long time ago, and just getting started at DA:O..
    Guess when im finished with it, its time for Pillars :)
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    I'm glad Obsidian and Paradox decided to add an Italian translation, after all the requests they had got:

http://eternity.obsidian.net/news/update-86-polish-feedback-bugfixing-and-goodies
    Italian Localizations

Many of our Italian-speaking backers asked for us to include them in the list of languages we were localizing for the game. After speaking with Paradox about the issue it was decided that we would include Italian localizations. For those folks that have access to the Backer Beta, they should see Italian languages options (and corresponding translations) as soon as our next update.

:D

Anyone tried the new build 333... ?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Glad to hear they added other ways to get experience besides just completing quests. :)
    Its on sale now.

$45 to purchase

Preorder = 10% off for 2 weeks. Check the humble store, steam, or the teams website for details. Still slated for q1 2015
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Hear! Hear!

Yesterday they went and gave us 2 hours+ of live twitch stream of Pillars of Eternity!

With commentary offered by project director Josh Sawyer himself.

A recording of the stream is here:

http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/b/588477048

Keep in mind it contains spoilers for the early sections of the game (though details of the plot are still kept under wraps). Lots of locations are visible on the world map, @Kamigoroshi‌ , it may be interesting especially for you since you asked about it in the past.

But if...if you want to see it, this twitch stream is amazing. Lots and lots of new details: companions have a talk button, a non-hostile NPC in a wilderness area, a new Aumaua head, the list can go on and on.

The host (the man who plays, YouTuber Jesse Cox) can be a little bit annoying but the game looks superb.
    Cool, thanks for sharing. I waited for it last night... But had to sleep :)
    I died horribly again. On easy :o