Skip to content

Books and Journals, Notes and Diaries

AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
This is a question to the developers working on IWD:EE. I am currently replaying through BG:EE, and have gotten to the small shack on the wolf-were island; the one with Dradeel. After re-reading his hilarious diary, this question came to mind. I was wondering if any of the new content (60+ items) are/could be written notes. I really enjoy books and snippets of lore in RPGs.

Like the Black Arrow book in Morrowind; you know, the one where the assassin shoots through a key-hole? Marksmanship. Also, A Game At Dinner. Alchemy. =)

Since there was a question and poll on whether or not new NPCs should be recruitable, I thought this could be another way to introduce humorous dialogue and possibly easter eggs based on current events and modern culture.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Post edited by Ascerion on

Comments

• FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    I lile this idea. I'm really into reading all the books, notes, amd journals in various RPGs as well.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited October 2014
    I enjoy particularly the journal entry in BG when Reevor tells you to kill the rats. Something about it being your last entry because those rats are deadly.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    It's a good question, @Ascerion‌ and it's encouraging to find out we'll get new journals :)

Although I hope not all 60+ new items are books :P