Skip to content

What are *your* stats? (What class do you qualify for?)

YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
While we are trying to figure out the stats of Conan ( http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/558463 ) and other figures, we may as well check:

*** What are *your* stats? ***

(Assume the population is normalized 'fairly' :: i.e. we all rolled 4xd6 and kept the best 3xd6.)

I go first: 10/11/9/14/8/13
(i.e. my particular delusion-of-above-averageness claims to be somewhat smarter than usual and rather likeable, actually, but not very wise; also I can't benchpress worth a damn nor catch a fly with my hands; and, just don't sneeze in my general direction, please.)

I'll make an okay Wizard, I guess. But it still takes many rolls for me to learn each new 'spell'.

Comments

• SionaSiona Member Posts: 79
    Everyone goes huge on their interest and challenge in these threads ;)
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Its generally hard/pointless to assign actual numbers, because even if you can quantify them definitively in one area, you might be completely wrong in another. For example carrying capacity doesn't quite correlate to how much extra damage you get when punching someone.

Low (8?) strength
    low dex
    enough con for bonus hit points (in 2nd edition terms, everything from 7-14 is the same here. 15 seems high but its hard to judge)
    17 int. Yes, 17. Really.
    low wis
    low charisma.

I would make a good wizard. Not the dumb adventuring kind, but the smart kind that sits around getting experience making magic items (it used to be a thing!)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    There was this test on angelfire, I recently did it again and got slightly different results I had before.

Str 7
    Dex 10
    Con 13
    Int 14
    Wis12
    Cha 11

So a low level mage or cleric/mage multi for me. Can't wear much for armor as a c/m or swing a mace with that strength so pure mage is okay, too. I ofcourse would be terrible for a npc or pc in the game with these stats. Umm, it seems Garrick is wiser than me, (shock!) but I am a bit smarter than him, so yay! He seems to be more handsome, though it is okay since he is a bard afterall.

In bg games when I roleplay and create myself as a pc I ofcourse give my character better stats, I like to think it as the Bhaal essence augmenting my natural stats so I become more competent. Hey, Imoen and Sarevok are total cheaters with their stats roll (so high!) so I guess they get the Bhaalspawn augmentation thingie going on as well.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Med-low strenght, low dex
    High con (never ill even when I should be, survived a deadly disease when young)
    Med-High wis
    High int(cum laude)
    Med cha

Cleric/mage
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Oo I saw that new test just now. It is much more generous than others I have seen. It gives me:

Str 9
    Dex 7
    Con 10
    Int 17
    Wis 14
    Cha 10

I have actually rolled a character in bg exactly like this. :-) Still think int 17 is a bit stretch, though. Then again I would like to think I am as smart as Imoen. (Or Nalia, or Neera.)
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2014
    Tried a quiz, got 13/15/15/15/16/8. Actually pretty accurate, considering I try to keep myself generally well-rounded. I can see wisdom being my highest stat, and I'm not particularly sociable so I was expecting the poor charisma.

Of course, stats like these aren't much good for any class. No, I wouldn't make a very good cleric, as I'm agnostic-atheist.
    @meagloth‌ yeah, I wasn't being sarcastic above or making fun of people. According to that test, I'm as strong as Ray lewis, have the charm of Robert Downey jr., and the constitution of a polar bear, despite the fact that I am decidedly average ;)
    Jeez no. 127 in should be like 11 or 12. I have a 144 and should only be a 14 or so.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @TheGraveDigger - that would mean, you are probably just "Smart, but lazy"
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    God said:

According to the stat quiz, my current earthly avatar rolled disturbingly low.

STR:17
    INT:17
    WIS:17
    DEX:15
    CON:16
    CHR:18

Little wonder there's all that uncontrolled ebola and zombie stuff going on. I should really move on to become some sort of a Nobel-prize winning athlete supermodel like you before I take an arrow in the knee or something. There would be nothing wrong about hiring some obscenely underpaid contractors in Delhi to handle the universe for me, I suppose. It could actually turn out to be fun if there were more singing, colours and zombies indulging in bellydance instead of biting people for a change.

Kudos to reserving the perfect username for that, @God
    Are you currently accepting prayers?
    Will there be any scheduled ... err... demolitions soon, as some seem to suggest?
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059

"I'm a Paladin with 18 charisma and 97 hit points. I can use my helm of disintegration and do one D4 damage as my half-elf mage wields his plus-five holy avenger."
    - Peter Griffin, Family Guy
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Siona said:

Jeez no. 127 in should be like 11 or 12. I have a 144 and should only be a 14 or so.

I always feel like I shouldn't be more than 14 or 15 but whenever I google average IQ it tells me I'm the top 2% or something. I don't know if I believe it; whenever I say 17 int somebody shows up and says something like this.
    Whatever. I'll take it.