Skip to content

Killing one of the Cowled Wizards

Hey,
so I'm having this issue with the Cow led Wizards. I've defeated all the enforcers, but I want to get the satisfaction of killing Zallanora. She always just escapes instead, quite annoying. I've tried the finger of death, but for some reason it just automatically goes back to my main character, no idea why.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    Zallanora can be annoying, so Greater Whirl Wind her with a Wizardslayer ;)

Seriously if you don't mind using an oldie but a goodie try using all two Protection from Magic scrolls in the game. Cast it ON her and one on yourself, her spells will automatically fail and you will be protected from the other Wizards.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I think I normally just lay down a bunch of traps. Its been awhile though.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited October 2014
    She has spell turning active, (the silver plate animation under her feet) so your finger of death is reflected back. Use area effect spells such as chaos, cloudkill, death fog, chain lightning, prismatic spray, horrid wilting, etc. Spell turning does not protect against area effect. Lower level area effect spells can be blocked by globe of invulnerabilty if she has one. (Blue sphere that surrounds her) Alternatively you can use spell defense strippers like secret word, pierce magic, Khelben's warding whip, ruby ray of reversal, pierce shield. These will strip her protections so you can land in a finger of death, or better yet, a power word:stun (since powerword does not allow a saving throw if her hitpoints are below a certain point and is pretty much a death sentence)
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Does she drop phat l00t, or does the game expect her to be undefeatable by the player?
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

Filp said:

Hey,
    so I'm having this issue with the Cow led Wizards.

I didn't realize those wizards were led by cows.
    Their uniforms all require T-shirts that say 'Where's the beef?' on the front.
  • GespenstGespenst Member Posts: 31
    lunar said:

She has spell turning active, (the silver plate animation under her feet) so your finger of death is reflected back. Use area effect spells such as chaos, cloudkill, death fog, chain lightning, prismatic spray, horrid wilting, etc. Spell turning does not protect against area effect. Lower level area effect spells can be blocked by globe of invulnerabilty if she has one. (Blue sphere that surrounds her) Alternatively you can use spell defense strippers like secret word, pierce magic, Khelben's warding whip, ruby ray of reversal, pierce shield. These will strip her protections so you can land in a finger of death, or better yet, a power word:stun (since powerword does not allow a saving throw if her hitpoints are below a certain point and is pretty much a death sentence)

Also some protective spells (although I forget which ones) prevent damage from AOEs targeted on the caster but not ones that hit nearby so it might be worth considering that when casting.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    Insect plague works great against them too.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Calmar said:

Does she drop phat l00t, or does the game expect her to be undefeatable by the player?

12 random treasure4s or maybe 9, plus 500+ gp, so you could potentially get some great scroll drops from her, I just use traps to take her down, if not, you will have to spell trigger breach her quick and wail on her with hasted weaponry to take her down, if she gets off a timestop its over, she's out

• xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @sarevok57: So, essentially, there's no loot, given how high profile she is.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Hit her with some Breaches and hit her with poisoned crossbow bolts or sword hits from Dorn or a PC Blackguard.