Skip to content

Where would you like to travel to?

2»

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    There are many places in the world I would like to know... But I'd really like to have something like the TARDIS or the COSMOS ship and be able to know any place in any time... go back in time and see how the pyramids were actually built, for instance.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    You can do some pretty impressive things constructionwise if you've discovered the basic level... meaning using water to find level, and a plumb to do perfect verticle. The scale is impressive though. Egyptians didn't really have currency, so tradesmen paid taxes via goods or services, so skilled masons and mathematicians likely would have contributed. You can't really make slaves do certain types of work, unless they are pretty satisfied with their lot.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Ha! A better question would where would I not want to go, as that list is quite short. Here are some top ones, regardless:

Life goals-
    Climb Mt. Rainer

Climb half dome & El Capitan

Climb Mt. Whitney

Walk from the east coast to the west coast, or at least the midwest(where I'm stuck now) to the west coast. I've always want to just up and walk out, and see where I find myself.

Climb one of them big@$$ rainforest trees and meet some new primate bros(not got any specific one, yet)

Climb a redwood

New York again

At least a good month in Europe

A good long time in Alaska.

And sooooo many other places.

Life stretch goals:
    The Moon. Oh so much the moon. Defies lay the top of this list

Climb mt. Everest

Lots of stuff in the Himalayas

A good month in China & Japan, at least once

And another one in India and Thailand and Indonesia

And Antarctica, well, both polls really.

Sooooo many places.

Mars, and climb the seven summits, but that's pushing it, even for "life stretch goals" :)
  • DauntDaunt Member Posts: 52
    meagloth said:

Ha! A better question would where would I not want to go, as that list is quite short. Here are some top ones, regardless:

Life goals-
    Climb Mt. Rainer

@meagloth The view from atop Mt Rainier is immense! Or so photographs say, but I've had the desire to climb it too.

4 day hike to the summit with a group, it's definitely on my list too
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited October 2014
    Daunt said:

meagloth said:

Life goals-
    Climb Mt. Rainer

@meagloth The view from atop Mt Rainier is immense! Or so photographs say, but I've had the desire to climb it too.

4 day hike to the summit with a group, it's definitely on my list too
    I would think so. I got a taste of that this summer when I climbed Mt. Blanca and Mt. Elbert in Colorado. My. Rainer is a whole other caliber though(glaciers!) I would actually have to train. O_o(if you know me that's one thing I really hate)
    I live in the Midwest so it's a big deal when we can go out and do stuff like that. Oh, how I envy the people who can climb 14ers on weekend trips! Do you get to go climbing much, @Daunt‌?
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    The moon. =) 'Because I spent 2 years traveling the world... twice. I've been to more than a hundred countries. 'Not much more to see at this point, lol.
    Realistically speaking though, I think I'll travel to Japan again next. It's by far my favorite country to visit, and yet I've only been there twice before.
    It's also where I'm planning on spending my golden years. (Dem youngsters will finally show my the respect this old chap deserves.)
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    Nowhere. I get annoyed easily, so wouldn't last long around all the dizzy tourists, freaks, and new age types.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    I love travelling. Next trip is going to be going to London again in couple months, but I'm already planning summer 2015. Haven't decided yet where I will be heading. Couple ideas are a roadtrip through Europe, maybe from the shores of Artic Ocean in Norway to Gibraltar. Iceland is also an option, haven't ever been there and it seems like a really cool place. Or maybe hiking somehere. Too many options, but planning trips is always fun!

I can't really name one specific place that would be my #1 place to visit atm. I'd like to finish my "project" of visiting every European country one day though, about 2/3rds done. :)

Other than that coast to coast US road trip, and a safari somewhere in Africa are definitely on my to-do list.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    The great Canadian north. The seclusion, the history, and the culture all seem appealing to me and something I'd want to experience forst hand.