Skip to content

Does anyone have an idea when this will release?

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Cr4zyJ said:

Dont worry, this wont be a "free beer tomorrow" or an iwee NEXT month scenario for too terribly long. It will come out "soon"

Hey... Blizzard has "Soon" trademarked. Don't use it here!
  • FrogmanFrogman Member Posts: 153
    breaking news!

JS: Is the development cycle on Icewind Dale: EE going to be significantly shorter than the Baldur's Gate: EEs?
    TO: We've been working on Icewind Dale for quite a while now. We kept it under wraps with the goal of announcing only a month or so before we were ready to ship. While we don't have a final ship date yet, as we want to ensure the quality before we release the game, we are in the late stages of testing with a current burn-down indicating a ship date later this month or early October.
  • TheRaven476TheRaven476 Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2014
    Lets hope it's true. I think they had a smart "Planned" release date.... I know I personally was counting on it late September/Early October to get me through the last few weeks before Civ Beyond Earth released.

If it slips to late October/Early November it runs the risk of getting lost in the swarm of game releases that will tie people up.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Dee‌

I have Saturday off work.........ripe for beta testing. Just sayin ;)

Anyway glad to hear that My e-mail and I might be getting good news soon. I've quit D3 due to burn out and catching up on TV Shows waiting for IWDEE.

=)!

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, REJOICE!
  • ShynShyn Member Posts: 73
    I definately hope IWD:EE comes out way before Dragon Age: Inquisition in november, The Witcher 3 in february and Pillars of Eternity early 2015. It might drown and not sell as much because people are busy playing those.
  • TheRaven476TheRaven476 Member Posts: 44
    Yeah, that's my fear too. IWDEE was supposed to get me from the end of September until Civ Beyond Earth comes out. It's "planned" release was in a nice dead spot, after destiny but before anything really interesting comes out.

At the end of this month it's going to have to contend with a month long train of major releases like Civ, Dragon Age, WoW Expansion, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Farcry. All the big boys that will be flooding the front pages with rapidly moving articles.

What could have been the focus of attention is quickly turning into a drown out of other releases.

Yeah, that's my fear too. IWDEE was supposed to get me from the end of September until Civ Beyond Earth comes out. It's "planned" release was in a nice dead spot, after destiny but before anything really interesting comes out.

At the end of this month it's going to have to contend with a month long train of major releases like Civ, Dragon Age, WoW Expansion, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Farcry. All the big boys that will be flooding the front pages with rapidly moving articles.

What could have been the focus of attention is quickly turning into a drown out of other releases.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people will pass, or buy it on a steam sale, if the release date is anywhere near those... I'm not saying everyone will. But surely it will hurt their full price sales.

I hoped it would've bridged the gap between august and Dragon Age, when it comes to my RPG itch. Oh well, I have a gigantic pile of shame anyway....
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    They finished the first round of beta testing, still a good chance they manage to get this baby out by the end of this month or early November... Fingers crossed!
  • scorpiovascorpiova Member Posts: 87
    Yeah I am hoping this is out soon... I'm burned out from Divinity and Wasteland. I need something to fill the gap between now Dragon Age 3.

If the devs are reading, now is your time to release, especially with Pillars pushed back to 2015. But you need to hit this BEFORE Dragon Age comes out, and with enough time for people to say "I'll play that for a bit" and not, "Well DA will be out in 2 weeks so I will wait for that."

There is a slight turn-base burn out right now... the real-time system of Icewind Dale will be a nice change of pace for a bit.
    Trent Oster tweeted yesterday about IWDEE release: ''Not too long now. We're working out our date''
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Elendar said:

And yet, out of all those listed titles, the only one I'm actually interested in is IWDEE.... Maybe I'm just odd. :P
    Let us then be odd together, for I too am only interested in IWDEE :)
    edited October 2014

Im only intrested in IWD and Dragon Age, but my point is, if you want to appeal to more then just a few oddballs, you shouldnt release in the middle of an autumn release storm.
    That totally wasnt meant to be personal. I'm just thinking on the grand sceme of things.

Out of the mentioned titles I only want Dragon Age, so by that logic im an oddball too ;)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Agreed. We're just a bunch of oddballs rolling around on the floor.
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    So am I the only one really looking forward to Beyond Earth? It's no Civ6, but close enough. That series is one of the few I find even more addictive than our good ol' D&D RPGs.
    I'll get Assassin's Creed eventually, 'just gotta finish Black Flag first. As for FarCry, I'll get that when it becomes ~80% off on Steam, like the previous ones.
    But while waiting for all of those, and of course still mainly IWD, I'm enjoying yet another play-through of IWD2. xD
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Elendar said:

And yet, out of all those listed titles, the only one I'm actually interested in is IWDEE.... Maybe I'm just odd. :P
    Of those, I have preordered Civ:BE, but only because it looks like a remake of Alpha Centauri, which I loved. I've completly lost interest in the Dragon Age saga, and I never had any in the other titles.
    I have preordered IWDEE and DAI, and also can't wait for Pillars of Eternity! (early 2015, if all goes well...)
  • CodifierCodifier Member Posts: 4
    Altair said:

Trent Oster tweeted yesterday about IWDEE release: ''Not too long now. We're working out our date''

Yeah we've all heard that one over the years. Subjective terms like 'soon', 'when it's ready', and 'not too long' can mean months in the gaming industry and I am pretty sure I have seen Trent Oster be guilty of it in the past. I find it highly suspect that they would run beta only a month then release. My guess is December especially since it was supposed to be early October and here we are halfway through with no updates other than beta going on.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    The beta is on? I pre-ordered weeks ago, but I didn't get no beta mail. How come?
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Let's see, Legend of Grimrock 2 just came out, DAI releases in a month, Eternity releases early in 2015, and IWDEE could come out anytime in the middle of that (with sooner being more likely than later at this point). Suffice to say I'm a happy RPGer at the moment.
    @Jarrakul, thanks for the idea! I just ordered Legends of Grimrock 1 and 2 on steam, should keep me busy until the upcoming releases :-)
  • scorpiovascorpiova Member Posts: 87
    For me, I'm thinking I am going to pass on IWDEE and place it on the back-burner for a future sale. Unless they blitz us and release it before the end of the month, they've been known to do that in the past.

But with DAI a month away, and I do have other games on the backlist, I don't see time for this. Unless I get it with a couple of weeks before DAI hits shelves, then I would preorder and make time for it.

But sadly with no date yet, I see this appearing right in around the same time as DAI... which I do think will be devastating to their sales... as there will be an overlap in gamers interested in both. And for most... probably have already played IWD in the past.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Unless DAI is rubbish, which would be pretty much par for the course for that series.