Skip to content

Moderator powers

meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
edited October 2014 in Site Resources
Want exactly are the full powers of a moderator? How is a administrator different? How do people get chosen to be moderators? I know they can
•react to their own posts.
•give promotes
•edit any post
•see IP and other stuff we can't
•view forum activity data
•ban, jail, and warn users

But what else? Can they view every post edit? Can they see PMs if they have to? How far do these powers stretch?

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited October 2014
    I thought of another question. Can you guy see "hidden" poll results? I feel like that would be like the pm, with administrators doing so if they had to.

Also, how are mods chosen? How often do you think of adding another to you're group? What does the process look like? How many of the answers to these questions are "that's classified"?
    Something I've always wondered is why @Elminister‌ isn't a moderator(can I ask that?) It seems like he should be, he's such an awesome contributor to the community, and he's just behind dee on the leaderboard.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @meagloth‌ Do you mean the polls set not to reveal who is voting?
    @CamDawg‌ The only use I can see is to make an important post show in the top of the list in the Best Of page for a time... Anyway if something important must be said I think it is better to create a new thread and then stick it.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2014
    meagloth said:

Also, how are mods chosen? How often do you think of adding another to you're group? What does the process look like? How many of the answers to these questions are "that's classified"?
    Something I've always wondered is why @Elminister‌ isn't a moderator(can I ask that?) It seems like he should be, he's such an awesome contributor to the community, and he's just behind dee on the leaderboard.

I think I was once told you need a sponsor or something to become one. That and its granted based on need and a persons coolheadedness, good forum conduct, and availability.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    mlnevese said:

@meagloth‌ Do you mean the polls set not to reveal who is voting?

Yes.
    @meagloth‌ Then no. Moderators can't see that.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    CamDawg said:

meagloth said:

•react to their own posts.

I still don't know why this is possible, as there's absolutely no benefit to promoting yourself.
    @CamDawg‌: