Skip to content

Naskel is my base of operations

Just curious if others go out of there way to collect all the npcs and leave them in one place? This is everone including the illusionary warriors from the test in Candle Keep.

BlackravenGemHoundGreenWarlockbatjellyEadwyn_G8keeperNonnahswriterlunar[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovkcwiseMhamzaArdulKloroxproccomeaglothTethorilofLathanderStratosjTuthSCARY_WIZARD

Comments

• VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    its TRUE! I like Athkatla better than Baldurs Gate.
    JuliusBorisovkcwise
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Friendly Arm Inn for me, too. Central location and plenty of room.

Plus I don't have to let Khalid in my party even for a second!
    kcwise
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Vasculio said:

This is everone including the illusionary warriors from the test in Candle Keep.

Must've been fun to have Mordaine in your party - she's a beast!
    kcwiseVasculioSCARY_WIZARD
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I can't say I do it in every playthrough, but I usually do like to gather up NPCs. I leave them at the Friendly Arm, but I like to try and stage things so it looks like the various NPCs are talking to each other. Sometimes I separate them by alignment so all the evil folks are hanging out plotting the destruction of the region, while the goody goodies talk about elven poetry or something. :) Sometimes, once I make it to Baldur's Gate, I'll go to the trouble of bringing the crew up to the Elfsong.
    JuliusBorisovVasculio
  • KeyplayerKeyplayer Member Posts: 3
    Wow! I might sound stupid, but this is actually great idea that I havent thought before. I have this problem that I just cannot play with anything else than the "cannon" party yhat follows you to bg2. Now I can just leave them hanging somwhere and test other npcs. Then I pretend that I picked them up after bg1. Mind=blown
    [Deleted User]Ardulkcwise
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469

Vasculio said:

This is everone including the illusionary warriors from the test in Candle Keep.

Must've been fun to have Mordaine in your party - she's a beast!
    I haven't used them at all really... as soon as i did the exploit trick to keep them in my party. I ditch them outside in the woods until Chapter 5. Then i brought them to Naskel to wait.

Question: I haven't did any test yet. But do they get tired? i notice my trip down they were the only onces that didn't get sleepy?

kcwise
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    After Chapter 5 I leave the NPCs in Ulgoth's Beard as that is my Charname's base of operations. I like the idea of SPOILER ALERT Sarevok slandering Charname's name who'll then need a place to lay low for a while. What better place than a somewhat isolated small fishing town?
    kcwise
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Vasculio said:

Just curious if others go out of there way to collect all the npcs and leave them in one place? This is everone including the illusionary warriors from the test in Candle Keep.

I did that in my first playthrough. I occupied the motte-and-bailey castle of the Cloakwood as my own stronghold, then I took all possible joinable NPCs, gave them golden/green uniforms and posted them at various strategic points to act as guards.
    Didn't work too well in the long run, because after some time my troopers would approach me to tell me they were leaving for the FAI, so I had to drag the sorry bums of those lazy drunkards back to their posts all the time.

kcwiseelminster
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Dem original sprites. It's been so long...
    NimranJuliusBorisovkcwiseTuth
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    bengoshi said:

Vasculio said:

. But do they get tired?

No, of course, not. They will gladly wait for you for the next... hmm... for the eternity, yes. Will just stay there and wait, without getting tired. You know, they have unbelievable endurance to wait there for the eternity.

... they are still waiting ...
    They throw parties when you're not looking. I know, because they invited me. It was a blast, mostly for the fireballs.
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovVasculio
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    Sometimes I pick up Dynaheir even if I never talk to Minsc. Then I leave her in Nashkel right next to him and they both spend the entire game looking around and never noticing each other.
    MhamzakcwiseJuliusBorisovEadwyn_G8keeper
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I feel a Minsc quotation is about to happen... no... nevermind. False alarm.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    Love the Screen Shot. Just begging for a scrimmage. Cast Charm Person or Dire Charm via spells, Algernon's Cloak etc on half the group - strategically arranged. Then Oil of Speed, Haste, etc and provoke hostilities with the rest of the group. You would probably have to have some NPC confederates already recruited to help get the mischief going.

Then kick back with an Invisibility Potion and some Elminster's Ale. You could also place bets on who would survive..... Cheers! WICKED!!