Skip to content

The Tale of the Totemic Druid

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Just found this one thanks to Elrandir’s excellent thread.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/33353/advertise-your-written-play-through-s#latest

It will take me some time to read through it all, but I am really enjoying it!
    JuliusBorisovElrandirlolien
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Excellent! I was finally able to get all caught up today, but now I feel like I do when a TV program leaves you hanging on a cliff hanger until the next season. :) I’m looking forward to Yahiko’s further adventures.

I also just have to say… You solo people are crazy! :) I could never do this, but I find it fascinating reading about how you all do it. Not only is it entertaining, but so much insight can be gained into how to effectively use the different classes.
    JuliusBorisovjackjackSionalolien
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2014
    Amazing! Now that I have a little time during a break between quarters at school I'm trying to look in on what others are doing. What a fascinating ride this was.
    JuliusBorisovRavenslightCrevsDaaklolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Ravenslight‌ I'm looking forward to reading about a lady druid and her adventures :)

@Blackraven I'm touched by the fact my suggestions can influence your possible future playthrough. I've given it a thought, really. There're plenty of ideas for a run:

- a solo Blackguard attempt
    - a solo Dark Moon Monk race (yeah, it seems evil playthroughs are not frequent here)
    - a solo Shadowdancer shadow step-by-step: the most interesting here would be to read about Shadowdancer's HLAs and their effectiveness in the game

These are 3 kits we don't read often about. Another ideas include the parties of 3 members, something like "The adventure of 3 gnomes: CHARNAME, Quayle and Tiax" or "The wizards tale: CHARNAME, Xan and Safana" (remember, you can dualclass her;)

Of course, there's always a wizard slayer solo run without mod changes to the kit (the thing some folks consider the most difficult of all) and an adventure of two wild mages, Neera included, available as well. These are the options I will maybe try myself but it's never a bad thing to taste the fellow forumite's tale.
    BlackravenkcwiseRavenslightlolien
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Congratulations with completing one of the hardest Chapter 2/3 quests, and with your first HLA!!
    Did you obligate yourself to do all the big quests? I'm asking because there wasn't that much to gain for Yahiko in the Unseeing Eye Quest I think (besides XP of course).
    JuliusBorisovlolienkcwiseRavenslight
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Blackraven‌ The most important reason is gaining the Girdle of Fortitude that would greatly increase Yahiko's HP (now with 9 CON he has a little bit more than 60 HP) - those HPs are greatly needed in further parts of the game, especially taking into account the Power Word spells of enemy mages.

As about big quests, I'm still undecided. I think now Yahiko has everything he needs to go to Brynnlaw (Planar Sphere, Astral Prison, De'Arnise Keep, Firkraag's area are still not visited by Yahiko).
    kcwiseStarflower2525Ravenslight
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    bengoshi said:

@Blackraven‌ The most important reason is gaining the Girdle of Fortitude that would greatly increase Yahiko's HP (now with 9 CON he has a little bit more than 60 HP) - those HPs are greatly needed in further parts of the game, especially taking into account the Power Word spells of enemy mages.

As about big quests, I'm still undecided. I think now Yahiko has everything he needs to go to Brynnlaw (Planar Sphere, Astral Prison, De'Arnise Keep, Firkraag's area are still not visited by Yahiko).

I think simply killing Gaal should have yielded you the Girdle of Fortitude, but maybe I'm mistaken. Not that it matters at this point, because Yahiko has a lot more XP and loot now. :)

As a Druid Yahiko's much less item dependent than for example my Wizard Slayer, so you might indeed consider traveling to Brynnlaw. Of the remaining quests you could consider Windspear Hills for more relatively easy XP and thus more spells/HLAs (with all your summons, Wolfweres and Vampires won't be much of a problem).
    kcwisejackjackJuliusBorisovRavenslight