Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced! (Release Date: October 30, 2014)

Comments

• AnomalyAnomaly Member Posts: 62
    edited October 2014
    You have to click on "Preload done" to awake the system.
    jackjack
  • LanatirLanatir Member Posts: 33
    Preload done, nothing else happening.
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Congratulations Beamdogs. I'm so proud of you :D
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Just downloaded and started to create my party ... and now I have to go to work.
    Darn.
    elminsterVarwulfLordRumfish
  • FrogmanFrogman Member Posts: 153

Just downloaded and started to create my party ... and now I have to go to work.
    Darn.

Sam - you don't look so good today. Are you sure you are feeling ok? You might need to take the day off to rest and adventu...I mean get well.
    PibaroJairyannajackjack
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Internet Y U SO SLOW?!
  • FryFry Member Posts: 9
    Do people who bought the game through Beamdog not get access to the Linux version?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Not at this time, but shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
    elminsterSjerrielolienjackjack
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    What's the full folder size of the complete game? Mine is at 2.59 GBs and still downloading
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited October 2014
    Ah yeees... got it too now (and the torrent way). :)
    2.63Gb final size (2.5Gb for the pre-load).
    build-date.txt --> Wed Oct 29 12:03:45 MDT 2014
    v1.3.2058

Looks GOOD! (at first impression).

AND AN EXCELLENT (first) SURPRISE FOR ME:
    the dudes seem to have AT LAST fuck**g understood that the 'Free Will' spell/items was/were NOT made to f**ck the haste/speed things too, apparently (at damn last! ... there was always one here to lecture and pretend that was not the right thing, lol..yeah, sure..^^) :
    first curiosity i had was to lauch 'Heart of Winter' section.. launch the pre-built team to have a quick glance and..... alleluïa !
    The first dude in the team, Gorris, is a nice gentle brute (Berseker!), well i don't care.. but more interestingly he is wearing a Free Will ring (the infamous Edventar's Gift you have ALSO in BG1/2EE..the exact same effects and description of course)... and... the description immediately precise HERE/NOW that it is NOT impending the speed spells.potions too ("The wearer is immune to everything, magical and otherwise, that impedes mobility in any way, although he can still be hasted and receive beneficial movement effects as those granted by boots of speed" [Edited: and same correction on the druid spell description too, just checked too..prebuilt team HoW again)] !! AT LAST... A quick test with the bard dudette in the band and.. Yees... speed+Free will can at last stack as it was obvious it could since the start (sword of free action in BG1EE , etc)..... i can now, i guess, prepare to remove one of my patches in the override folder of BG2EE.. free will will no more cause troubles so (at least with speed thnings so; good^). As intended. What is funny (and logical) is that there is a very specific weapon/tool later in IWD, if i remember well the descriptions i read some times again, that will have FW and haste charges at the same time.. would have been definitively dumb to keep the lock indeed after that last stroke i guess^... well, waiting the next BG2EE patch with renewed interest now.. one good first impression too... means brave old Keldorn should no more be *** too with his excellent first armor in BG2EE (with FW) so far bugging him and avoiding him always to use any speep/spell boosts, for a warrior was a great concept of helpful armor with the EEs!^)... and not in the originals BG2 too, of course.. ok, good, a step in the right direction for that too now, it seems.. let"s pray for the next patch in BG2EE now (ok.. i will insist again, please fix the interractions now with speed. bard blades offensive spins, defensive spins and free will/speed too, etc.. and will be perfect..2 other personal patches i could remove from my override folder again... :*/ ) :*D

OK. i cool down. winter is definitively coming now.. that time, maybe for good (listen to that JJ Martin with your song of 'ice' and 'fire' that is neverending and never ever delivered its winter superdudes parts..so far^^)! ).... :/

PS: on the other hand, i just checked back on the (very) recent last patched BG1EE (i could DLed the last patch a few days ago only^).. the modification was not incorporated at that time in the last BG1EE.. same ring, always the same old description, was not modified and corrected yet in BG1EE so.. ,( [not sure when there will be a next patch for BG1EE now..i will maybe keep my patches a little longer for it so)... well.. great for IWD at least, great and promising attention to those kind of details certainly for the next BG2EE patch to come soon... but too late for last BG1EE patch so.. well, at least good news/hope for the futures versions/next patches..with a little luck (NOT erasing the proficiencies too.. well corrected that one in the last BG1EE, ok..was a funny surprise too that one in BG1EE v1.2... ;--) ) ... ok, good omen for the future releases at least so.. from now)
    Post edited by sunset00 on
    AdullolienBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisov
  • Sorvan76Sorvan76 Member Posts: 76
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm downloading this for Android. Excited! :D:D:D
    lolienkaguanaJuliusBorisov
  • FRUTZKFRUTZK Member Posts: 18
    Dagnabbit, left home at 5am and saw it was ready to play.... now I'm at work for 8hrs ( T_T ) cough cough, i think I'm getting the black lung pop. And can't wait to launch my free movement/hasted kensai into hordes of undead!!!
    jackjack
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    Beamdog should really fix its servers, considering that I've been spending the last few hours trying to download the last few MBs to no avail. Had I just bought it on Steam instead of preordered on Beamdog, I would have played the game already.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    Pibaro said:

They love you @AndrewFoley‌
    And trust me, if you start asking them "did you fix that?" every minute, they will love you even more.
    That's exactly what I do at work, and everybody loves me!!!

As a former IT person i hope you die a firey death... in Icewind Dale:Enhanced Edition
    jackjack
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    edited October 2014
    My pc can't handle playing IWDEE right now, but that doesn't mean I can't fiddle around for a bit. Behold, some of the wondrous possibilities of EEKeeper seen in two potential party members. :-)

While the Tiefling as a basic race seems to be the same as in BG2(EE), Wilson's Grizzly class is missing its resources. Shouldn't be too hard to port those from BG2EE...
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisovjackjackElrandir
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    yazgang said:

and now I'm hoping for enhanced Icewind Dale II.

A thousand thises. Though based on how much of a surprise the announcement for the first was I am expecting an announcement for number two about......now. Or perhaps now? How about now? Well perhaps tomorrow then...
    BelgarathMTH
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Okay, so am I missing something? I didn't see a "Custom" button when I was making characters for portraits.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    FRUTZK said:

Dagnabbit, left home at 5am and saw it was ready to play.... now I'm at work for 8hrs ( T_T ) cough cough, i think I'm getting the black lung pop. And can't wait to launch my free movement/hasted kensai into hordes of undead!!!

*cough* I think I'm coughing up blood! Get me out of this hell hole! (So I can start playing IWD:EE.) ;)
    Jairyannalolien
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653

Okay, so am I missing something? I didn't see a "Custom" button when I was making characters for portraits.

You have to create a folder named "portraits" in your My Documents/Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition folder before the button shows up.

Once you create the folder, the button will be there.
    JuliusBorisovSjerrielolienjackjack
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    CamDawg said:

This is not a bug on either side.

IWD used the friendlier, PnP style of free action that allowed creatures under the effects of free action to allow spells and items to affect them, e.g. you can wear a ring of free action to prevent being held while still hasting yourself. IWDEE follows this convention.

BG/BG2 used the unfriendlier free action which simply blocks all movement changes. BGEE and BGIIEE follow this convention.

Yes, they're different; yes, this is intended; no, there's no plan to make them work the same in all games.

Why not to make BGEE and BG2EE friendlier PnP style ??? Please make it so.
    JuliusBorisovElectricMonk
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    kaguana said:

Why not to make BGEE and BG2EE friendlier PnP style ??? Please make it so.

Nothing about the name "Free Action" implies anything about disabling beneficial speed effects, so I'm not quite sure why the spell was reinvented in BG with that attachment. Maybe it was meant for balancing the Ring of Free Action and other similar items, but then it should have only been added as an extra effect to said items, not to the spell itself.

That said, this is one of those things that are quite easy to change through mods, so I'm not too bothered.
  • andrewchibiandrewchibi Member Posts: 7
    In the very first box, where you put your e-mail and password, I keep getting the fail message "verification failed due to server error". What's going on here?