Skip to content

Bard songs only apply to your character

toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
edited August 2014 in Not An Issue
Noticed that bard song does not apply to companions, made a mp game where I created a skald as a companion strictly for the song however even after several seconds the song only applied to them.
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    The bard songs have changed in EE. They now have a limited range and will only affect party members within visual range of the bard. I tested the blade's bard song in MP and it was affecting my client character when he was in range like it should. Try moving your skald within visual range of the other character and the bard song should start to work. If it still doesn't work I will take a closer look at the issue.

Moving to not an issue for now.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    Even when your standing next to them it won't change their stats.
    edited September 2014
    Blade song works like it should, skald is the one that seems broken. Don't know about jester since his song only effects enemies.
    Maybe they should get a set amount of time to fix these bugs since they don't seem to want to do it, if they don't fix then they should be ordered to pull the game and give refunds, going back to bioware version of the game at least they had some pride in their product. And YES bugs are an issue in a game where people paid money for it.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi @toshiro‌
    I've just checked and BGII:EE skalds are affecting all party members (checked in a 3 player multiplayer session). If you're not seeing the same results can you advise what level the skald is, if it is on PC or Mac, and what the build-date.txt file located in the install directory contains, e.g. Thu Nov 21 14:54:23 MST 2013
    Thanks

(need to check 6943 depending on response)
    lolien
    It may work in multiplayer game but for reason doesn't in single player, doesn't matter what your level is the only effect that would have is the potency, you get song at level 1, unfortunately I removed bg2ee and am playing bioware's version, just too many bugs i.e. backstab on dual thief and I doubt they will ever patch it
    Strange thing is my first dl of bg2ee was with steam, this time I got directly from beamdog and song works fine, not if steam has the latest version, guess using beamdog for all dl with their games is advisable.