Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in IWD:EE *SPOILERS*

artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
This is a list of all the new notable magic items in IWD:EE.
I used the same lay-out as @ajwz because its great!!!! Thanks @ajwz‌

A list of items in BG:EE and BG2:EEcan be found here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8110/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-bg-ee-spoilers
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23853/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-bg2ee-spoilers

The magic items from the original can be found here http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/256221-icewind-dale/faqs/8494

Weapons:

Bastard Swords

Scimatars

Wakizashi +1 -
Ninjato +1 -

Long swords

Katanas

Katana +1 - Vale of Shadows: The Mausoleum
Katana +2 - Anauroch: Crypt
Darkened Glory +2 - Dragon's Eye level 5
Solemn Duty +3 - Nym's Exotic Goods store

Great Swords

Staffs

Staff of Besieging +2 -
Summoner’s Staff +3 - Dragons Eye level 4

Halberds

Clubs

Slings

Flails

Spears

Maces

Axes

War hammers

Ammunition:

Armour:

Sarotobi's Stone Breakers – str+1 monk bracers - Temple of Waukeen in Lonelywood
The Flaming Fists of Lin Mei – monk bracers - Dragons Eye level 4
(non magic) Full Plate Mail - Tiernon's Forge

Items:

Red Deep Ioun Stone - +1 dex - Presio the Necromancer in Dragon's Eye level 3
Clear Ioun stone - 5% magic resistance - Labelas Tower level 2
Scarlet/Blue Ioun Stone - +1int - Whistling Gallows Inn, Kieran Nye

Cursed items

Morohatnotsurugi +3 - wakizashi - Corellon Tower lvl 2

Misc:

Gem bag - Pomab's Emporium, Kieran Nye, Gert's Equipment Shop, Golden Lodge
Potion case - Pomab's Emporium, Temple of Tempus, Oswad's Lab, Golden Lodge
Scroll case - Pomab's Emporium, Temple of Tempus, Orrick's Study, Golden Lodge
Ammo belt - Emmerich's Archery, Conlan's Smity
Bag of Holding - Hobart's Trove and Orrick's Study

This list is not complete, so if you have suggestions or know an unlisted location, your welcome to commend!
And Its a shame Club users get shanked again...

Post edited by artificial_sunlight on
elminsterajwzsunset00Starflower2525NonnahswriterAbeljackjackKoyoteJuliusBorisovGloomfrostAristilliusElrandirFandraxxbooinyoureyesFenghoangsemiticgoddessVixentKenjiGrumlolienProontGrinkles

Comments

• sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    I wonder if there will be the legendary 'Night Club' again... was a good one in the previous EE! ... kuddos to the creator :)
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    edited November 2014
    hey, I dont know if it is a new item added by the EE (or I dont remember if it was in the vanilla game), but I found a mithral war hammer somewhere in Deep Dorn. I can't use it, it's not like a weapon, but like a symbol. I brought it to Conlon... He said this warhammer is enchanted but he can't do anything with it, because he doesnt know how the enchantment works. He asked me to find more clue about the dwarf clan who made this artefact, Battlehammer... does anyone know how to complete this quest ? Is this the famous Aegis-Fang ? the weapon of Wulfgar ?
    AristilliusTartle_Wizard
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited November 2014
    Can anyone shed some light on the Morning Star of Action+4? It's in the game files, but there's no clear consensus as to whether it's actually in the game or not. Anyone found it, and where? One would assume it's in HoW.

Would be a bit stupid if there were two Long Swords of Action+4 but no Morning Star.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    There is a powerful +4 Morning Star in Trials of Luremaster, I dont know if it's the one you are referring to
    There's three +4 Morning Stars, it could be any of them... I'm referring to the one with +1 Attacks per Round specifically.

It could be part of a random treasure I guess, which is why I didn't see it; or maybe I just missed it because it looks the same as most of the other magical Morning Stars...
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited November 2014

Can anyone shed some light on the Morning Star of Action+4? It's in the game files, but there's no clear consensus as to whether it's actually in the game or not. Anyone found it, and where? One would assume it's in HoW.

Would be a bit stupid if there were two Long Swords of Action+4 but no Morning Star.

Sadly, this powerful weapon (UMSTR5A) is not obtainable.
    I wonder if it was removed as a random treasure with HoW or if it was never implemented at all.

This list is not complete, so if you have suggestions or know an unlisted location, your welcome to commend!

I specified the location of the Katanas, if you need it: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/568500/#Comment_568500.
    artificial_sunlightjackjackJuliusBorisov
    Abel said:

I wonder if it was removed as a random treasure with HoW or if it was never implemented at all.

Seems like a gross oversight, double swords zero morning star. One/one seems the more sensible split, and would be less biased against clerics :P
    jackjack
    edited November 2014

Abel said:

Seems like a gross oversight, double swords zero morning star. One/one seems the more sensible split, and would be less biased against clerics :P
    Though not as powerful, there are two Fast Flail +2 (+1 APR) to get otherwise.
    One as a random drop in AR4004 and another in HoW.
    Post edited by Abel on
    jackjackJuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
    Oh! Well that is good to know. I completely missed that! Hah! Who cares about +2 or +4, as long as they have +1 APR on them and can be used by clerics. Win!

Thanks!
    jackjackCluas
  • billygreatbillygreat Member Posts: 66
    edited November 2014
    Red Deep Ioun Stone is it new? I don't remember it in old IWD. Anyway it is a head slot item that adds +1 Dexterity and is dropped by Presio the Necromancer in Dragon's Eye sublevel 3 ( area 4003 I think).

Also a Katana +1 it is found in Vale of Shadows. In Kreselach ( or what his name is) Tomb , sublevel 2 -The Mausoleum, inside a wall niche .
    jackjackJuliusBorisovAristillius
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    You can also buy cases for scrolls, potions and gems from Pomab's Emporium, and Ammo Belts from Conlan's smithy.
    JuliusBorisov
  • @elminster‌ I will make a mod that adds magical clubs.
    tomorow I will update the OP
    elminsterjackjackJuliusBorisov
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2014
    There's a +4 with abilities club (Scepter of Tyranny) and a straight +5 club (Svian's Club) in Heart of Winter.
    DaevelonAristillius
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Apparently, the part of the UB mod which adds the Morning Star of Action +4 (and other items which were made unobtainable due to HoW loot table shifts) to the game was not included in the EE. I feel like they should include all of these items in the game in a new patch. If an item is overpowered, it could be put late in the game so that it doesn't break too much of the game. Then again, I can't really say that any of those items are actually overpowered.

@elminster‌ I will make a mod that adds magical clubs.
    tomorow I will update the OP

Yes, Clubs are too rare. I had to take Morningstar/Flail on my F/M/T because of that.
    There's a Club +3 in the Eldathyn Temple, but it competes in a random treasure with a Fast Flail (+1 APR). There's a +2 sold by Conlan, but it's nothing exciting. All good clubs are found in HoW/TotL and then there not impressive either.
    jackjack
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Up you go
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075

And Its a shame Club users get shanked again...

Wakizashi and ninjato users got REALLY shanked...
    Cluas
  • Yes but those are exotic weapons. Clubs should be very common with orc's, babarians and poor clerics.
    CaptRoryAristillius
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Halberd users are non-existent.
    I actually found quite a few halbards.
    CaptRoryjackjack
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    I just found a +5 spear, is that new? 0_o
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Fardragon said:

I actually found quite a few halbards.

Found, yes. Good? Hell no.

@Amardarial Spears are a good example where you can find a few in between, and are good at the same time.

Really this game is all about bows, x-bows, swords, hammers, flails, and morning stars. Any other weapon pales in comparison. Availability and strength.
    CaptRory
    I add daggers to your list, and drop (implied) shortswords.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

I just found a +5 spear, is that new? 0_o

If its Slayer then no.
    jackjackDreadKhansemiticgoddess
  • What really bothers me are the strange names for all the items! Bg had a lot more logic.

Here you have names like APPLEB in stead of DAGG06. A modders nightmare if you ask me.
    jackjack
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Are there any good bastard swords?
    jackjack
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    I found a bastard sword +1 (maybe 2), a 2% chance to freeze enemies and a killer blue flame skin
    jackjackAristillius