Skip to content

Enough speciesism, What about classism?

2»

Comments

• B4nJ0B4nJ0 Member Posts: 93
    edited November 2014

And Mages would just keep dropping dead since the only useful spell they get is Web up until Chapter 2.

AND Cat's grace, that the best buff spell until lvl 4!
    AND luck! To Stronk to use on yourself while you are hitting with a sling!
    AND don't forget grease with your web combo!
    AND Chromatic orb will stun people!
    AND Friends and Identify for better gold inc.
    AND Summon familiar to go with a 12 party size, before summoning!

So much utility <3

• PentiumDPentiumD Member Posts: 62
    Don't underestimate Mage's they are OP in higher level :D
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    PentiumD said:

Don't underestimate Mage's they are OP in higher level :D

I doubt you'll find enough good high enough level scrolls for 2 pure mages... running 6 mages would be like using 6 Fighters with only slings and darts to fight with. You really need more gear. Many love using dual to mages for this reason! A bard and Sorcerer or 2 are good for an arcane heavy party, and dual 2 more or use multiclass gnomes. You still need that one hard hitter/tank imo, or will want one at least.
  • ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
    edited November 2014
    AND Cat's grace, that the best buff spell until lvl 4!
    18 DEX isn't going to stop HoF boosted enemies from brutally murdering mages

If enemies can punch through -4 AC, they can punch through 6 AC
    AND luck! To Stronk to use on yourself while you are hitting with a sling!
    RIght. So instead of 4-7 damage per turn, it's 5-7 damage against mobs with at least a hundred HP.

Amazing
    AND don't forget grease with your web combo!
    Which ranged enemies will just eventually save (and they only need to do it once since they don't really care about Grease) and start killing Mages in a single hit with their arrows.
    AND Chromatic orb will stun people!
    Oh boy 13 rounds of Stun against one enemy while the rest bear down on your Mages.
    AND Friends and Identify for better gold inc.
    To buy all the things that Mages can't wear anyway.
    AND Summon familiar to go with a 12 party size, before summoning!
    One familiar per party, and even if this was possible Familiars don't receive HoF summon HP boosts. So they'll literally die in a single hit.
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    I suspect that, with all the kits included, you'd probably have the easiest time with Paladins. They're essentially Fighter/Clerics with various bonuses against various creatures you'll run into in the game.

A Cavalier, an Undead Hunter and maybe a Blackguard up front. Another Undead Hunter and two kit-less Paladins (or maybe a Paladin and another Blackguard) doing turning, healing and some missile support. Or some more melee support. Or all of the above. If you think the Blackguards are bad role-playing juju with an other wise LG party, swap in another Cavalier up front and keep the initial suggestion of two straight Paladins at the back.

The XP to get you to spell level is probably the big hurdle. Until then, your healing is mostly going to be laying on hands (which might argue against Blackguards). And what to do about traps you spell-detect.

I kinda want to try this now.

Actually, this thread has really made me curious to try a party of: Cavalier, Undead Hunter, Bard, Skald, Archer, Ranger (maybe a second kitted Ranger, Beast Master?). They're all sort of fake multi-classes with some big bonuses and some annoying holes.

Just for funsies.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I will go with 6 half orc barbarians
  • PentiumDPentiumD Member Posts: 62
    edited November 2014
    I went with 4 wizard slayer dual classed one to a druid and 1 Swashbuckler and Priest of Helm :D xD and vice versa xD
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited November 2014
    For me its all about the bards. What is the point of adventure without entertainment? You can do a bit of everything, and most importantly, you can do it all

with style

• NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    macomeau said:

I suspect that, with all the kits included, you'd probably have the easiest time with Paladins. They're essentially Fighter/Clerics with various bonuses against various creatures you'll run into in the game.

A Cavalier, an Undead Hunter and maybe a Blackguard up front. Another Undead Hunter and two kit-less Paladins (or maybe a Paladin and another Blackguard) doing turning, healing and some missile support. Or some more melee support. Or all of the above. If you think the Blackguards are bad role-playing juju with an other wise LG party, swap in another Cavalier up front and keep the initial suggestion of two straight Paladins at the back.

The XP to get you to spell level is probably the big hurdle. Until then, your healing is mostly going to be laying on hands (which might argue against Blackguards). And what to do about traps you spell-detect.

I kinda want to try this now.

Actually, this thread has really made me curious to try a party of: Cavalier, Undead Hunter, Bard, Skald, Archer, Ranger (maybe a second kitted Ranger, Beast Master?). They're all sort of fake multi-classes with some big bonuses and some annoying holes.

Just for funsies.

Thats what this thread is for! I'm honestly tempted to do an all paladin party with one blackguard under their watch. He'd literaly be a redemption project. Trying to help a young paladin find the righteous path again. Only problem is locked chests and traps. I might also ignore racial restrictions, because while a party of all paladins appeals big for me, a party of all humans does not. I might also make one of the paladins level 3, and say hes the mentor of the younger paladins under his charge.

...This sounds fun from a roleplay perspective. Now I just need to not suck and die!
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    bengoshi said:

I would go with DRUIDS.

They rock in IWDEE, no less than bards. In fact, they rock no less than anybody. Druidic spells are so, so good.

A party of 6 druids will have 30+ Sunscorches, 24+ Alicorn Lances, 18+ Spike Growths, 12+ Smashing Waves, 6+ Spike Stones. This is more than enough to stop an army of 500.

Take 2 avengers, so that Web, Lighting and Chaos could speed the process.

Take 1 shapeshifter to have a tank.

Make 3 of the druids totemic ones and summoned spirits will reap any boss in this game in several seconds.

To tell the truth, I don't think there's anything in the game that 6 druids cannot annihilate in 2 turns.

HoF Remorhaz?
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Fighters because I think they're the most lore friendly
  • MivsanMivsan Member Posts: 139
    There's a spell for every occasion.

Normally I'd go for Mage for flavor, but there's not enough scrolls and that kind of party would require abusing rest more than any other.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I know I voted fighter but how about
    3 half orc swashbucklers
    A dwarf bounty hunter.
    A elf assassin
    A halfling shadow dancer
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Human Bard
    Dwarf Skald
    Half-Elf Bard
    Elf Blade
    Gnome Jester
    Half-Orc Blade
    (Some assembly/EEKeeper required)
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Half-Orc Bounty Hunter
    Half-Orc Bounty Hunter
    Half-Orc Bounty Hunter
    Half-Orc Bounty Hunter
    Half-Orc Bounty Hunter
    Half-Orc Bounty Hunter

I've only recently started using this kit, and boy do I regret never using it before. The special traps are so fun to use. If you have 18 Dexterity and you pour everything into Set Traps you can have 100% in it by level 3.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    For years I've wanted to re-play IWD with a party of all bards. I also think rangers would be a fun class to have six of.