Skip to content

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm fairly sure that golem used to be invincible in non EE BG2.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I am not sure there is a way to fix that without really messing things up. I would say that is is just one of the quirks of the engine (and somewhat humorous).

Check this out for some laughs: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/20096/i-knocked-a-skeleton-man-unconscious-am-i-god
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2014
    edited November 2014
    edited November 2014
    decado said:

I'm fairly sure that golem used to be invincible in non EE BG2.

@decado‌ I assume you are talking about the "Jailkeep Golem" which is immune to non magical weapons and usually by the time you find those you have already forgotten about it. I make sure to kill it every time.

There are other golems though and I am assuming that Tilly was fighting with the "Lesser Clay Golems" that guard the mistress's room. The sewer golem is invincible though, since it is required to open the doors.

Edit: I write too slowly.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    This is actually pretty hilarious.

On the long run, it doesn't matter, since all other golems are immune to the default fist weapon anyway. But I've never considered it working on the lesser golems in the dungeon, which have no weapon immunities.
    edited November 2014
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I discovered this one time when I was up against a magic golem and I had no normal weapons. So, of course, my fighter punched the magic golem until it fell unconscious, then we had no way of finishing it off.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Isn't there always a 'hint' cache of normal weapons nearby when you fight a Magic Golem?
    DreadKhan said:

Isn't there always a 'hint' cache of normal weapons nearby when you fight a Magic Golem?

Yeah. There are only 2 places I know of where you meet magic golems and both have normal weapons nearby. In Watcher's Keep there is a container in the vicinity of the Machine of Lum that has I think every standard issue normal weapon in the game; including ammo for the ranged weapons. In the Marching Mountains there are some fire giants that you can kill outside Yaga Shura's home that drop a wide variety of normal weapons. I usually try to be creative when I kill magic golems by finding other ways to hurt them, such as by summoning creatures that use normal weapons.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Maybe the golem was actually punched into mostly rubble but the life centre or power source can't be damaged by hand...
    So it "regaining consciousness" is actually it slowly piecing itself back together in T1000 fashion?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.