Skip to content

#10642 [All] Protection from Normal Missiles should protect against arrows fired by Shadowed Goblins

AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
edited January 2015 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
Use save to check.
Observed: Protection from Normal Missiles doesn't protect from certain unenchanted missiles.
Expected: Protection from Normal Missiles should protect from all unenchanted missiles.
Example: AROW1-6.ITM bypasses PfNM; guess is because the item ability "Is arrow?" is set to 0. Actually, the problem lies in the ARROWHVY.PRO, though it's included in PROJECTL.IDS.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi @Abel‌
    I can't reproduce from your save. Can you advise what platform (pc, mac, etc.) and store (Beamdog, Steam, etc.) you have, and confirm that your game is unmodded please.

Thanks
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    I can reproduce on Windows, from Beamdog store, unmodded.
    AROW1-6.itm is a Monster-only item, used by Skeleton Archers and most/all of the "Shadowed (elf/orc/golbin) Archer/Marksman" in the Severed Hand.
    It has an enchantment level of 0, is not flagged as "Magical", but uses the ARROWHVY.PRO(used by several magical arrows). So neither Protection from Normal Missiles(which checks the projectile) or Protection from Magical Weapons(which checks the "magical" flag) will stop them.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Gate70 said:

Hi @Abel‌
    I can't reproduce from your save. Can you advise what platform (pc, mac, etc.) and store (Beamdog, Steam, etc.) you have, and confirm that your game is unmodded please.

Sorry, yes the game is unmodded. On Windows and from GOG.
    Thanks @kjeron for testing, that's what I thought.