Skip to content

Getting download info...

Baldur's Gate EE
Beamdog
After BGEEInstaller.exe I got news and this message at the bottom of the window: Getting download info...
I have been waiting for a twenty-four hours and totally nothing changed.
Must I wait for a week or month or maybe years?

Comments

• vitalijvitalij Member Posts: 5
    Windows XP. network is working.
    It is
    Verification failed due to server error.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited November 2014
    have you tried downloading with the beamdog client or the standalone?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Long shot , since you're still running Windows XP -

Those getting "Verification failed due to server error." and "Unable to sign in due to a server error, please try again later.": at least some of you are getting this error because your root certificates are out of date or otherwise incomplete. (For those that don't know what a root certificate is, it's a core component of what makes most web security and online encryption work. It's essential to ensuring that your emails and passwords are properly encrypted when the launcher communicates with our servers.)

Root certificates are regularly updated by Microsoft through Windows updates. These updates are typically labelled "Security Update", though they're sometimes called something else with "Security" or "Root Certificate" in the name. At least one user mentioned that a Windows Update had fixed this issue for him, and this is likely why that is.

----

Since there are no more windows XP updates, you'll need to apply it manually.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=42092

Give it a try and see if that solves your problem.

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    & some details on verification at http://www.beamdog.com/support/766 with specific items for Windows XP.
    edited November 2014
    rootsupd.exe won't run.
    I changed my email And I can't erase old email in BGEE.exe.
    regedit won't help.
    I guess only Windows reinstall will solve the problem. But I don't have time for this.
    edited December 2014
    True. At new Windows there is no problem. But I still need old XP.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Strange that the Microsoft item won't run - are you on Service Pack 3 or an earlier version. & did you have the option to try running as administrator (guesswork here as I no longer have an XP install).