Skip to content

Irenicus Dungeon Lore

Hey, started playing BG EE as a Baldur's Gate veteran and first time poster here!

Something I've always wondered about Irenicus' Dungeon - in the room with the Otyguh in it you can often hear this loud screaming noise, like something from far away is doing it. A similar noise can be heard in the Marching Mountains for example. Does anyone know what that is?? :)

Also on a more serious note, while playing BG2 EE there are a few small black boxes in the game. Nothing game-breaking but for example I can't see how much weight my character is carrying because that part of the inventory screen has a small black box covering it. Any ideas?

Cheers!

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Try updating your graphics drivers to see if the black boxes go away.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

I always thought that sound was the Otyugh. XD

Maybe it tracks you to the Marching Mountains. n.n!

After it dies?!
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Its cute little baby Otyughs, hiding in the drain. THEY follow you obviously.

I thought it was OBVIOUS.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

D'aww. Cute little baby otyughs. :3

I hope they get all the kobold commandos in the sewers. X(

Well, a three tentacled, eyed and legged baby cutiepie has gotta eat, right?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    There is an otyugh pokemon...
    It is called Garbodor.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Heh, this has always bugged me, an otyugh is not a very tough or challenging monster. All the build up for this 'guardian' creature from the golems, and it is not even a Greater Otyugh. I change the creature into a greater wyvern in my game, much scarier. Though I guess an Otyugh makes an excellent waste disposal facility/pet.
    Irenicus might not have put it there, they are expected in any major sewer system iirc. Also midden heaps.

If you will have garbage, and he will, you'd want an otyugh in a secureish location.
  • AliasdanAliasdan Member Posts: 2
    Yes it's pretty bad. Don't understand why some people say it's difficult. It can't even go up the stairs out of the room -.-