Skip to content

[Help] Shadow dancer - mobs follow when stealthed!

wikiWutwikiWut Member Posts: 2
When stealthed normally monsters don't know my location, and stand there as expected.

If I use hide in plain sight, the monsters will follow me around (but don't attack). Even when I stop and let the mobs catch up to me, they will keep following if I move to a new location.This is really problematic when trying to set up a back stab. Anyone experience this or know how to avoid/fix it?
Abel

Comments

• ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
    edited November 2014
    This is expected, in the sense that every EE game has this problem. Once enemies lock onto your character they'll follow it everywhere no matter if it's visible or not unless they find a new target to lock on to
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • wikiWutwikiWut Member Posts: 2
    Ah thats too bad. I thought I recalled this not being the case in BGEE, or at least I could hide and wait for them to catch up to a certain spot and then they'd lose track of me.

oh well. Thanks for the info
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    They seem to lose track of me. I think what happens is that they move to the last location they saw your character at.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Does the problem still happen if you used a stack of Invisibility Potions instead?
  • OskyyOskyy Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2014
    This always happens to my characters hidden in shadows or invisible, I always assumed it was because of the low levels of "move silently" and even though they can't see you, they hear you...I'm raising move silently to see if I can avoid being pursued by mobs. Hope it Works!
    jackjack
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    THEY SMELL YOU!
    jackjackelminsterNimranby_the_sword
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    bengoshi said:

THEY SMELL YOU!

Since taking showers was never implemented, I believe it.
    JuliusBorisovby_the_swordjackjackZeldaboch
  • oldlamehandoldlamehand Member Posts: 39
    CaptRory said:

Does the problem still happen if you used a stack of Invisibility Potions instead?

They are also sometimes following my sorcerer when she use improved invisibility during combat. :-) I like it, because high lavel sorcerer can kill almost everything around him with several spells, if rest of the group is in safe distance.
    JuliusBorisovjackjackCaptRory
  • RanSagyRanSagy Member Posts: 13
    This still happens to me in all of the new games, BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE..

It's a pretty ridiculous and obvious bug, at least to me. They also path quite well to block you off, especially if there are more than a few enemies insta-homing onto you.

I'm trying to solo as a thief and i keep getting the entire map/level worth of mobs ganging up on me.

I thought this might get fixed after a decade or two of bug fixing, Too bad.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    This bug is extremely annoying indeed.
    Also makes otherwise useful spells like Invisibility, 10' Radius a pain to use.
    RanSagy