Skip to content

I have IWD Complete from GOG - does IWDEE offer enough new stuff to make it worthwhile?

Money is not the issue at all here it's more about content -

I just blew $75 on DAI only to discover my machine won't handle it (and that it mostly sucks for a PC anyway) and refund is not possible so $20 for IWDEE is a bargain if there's enough new stuff to fool with - I really need a game to play while I wait for PoE to be finished.
jackjack

Comments

• ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    edited November 2014
    To the great post of @bengoshi‌ I would add IWD Evaluation poll in which people give their opinions how they feel about EE part of IWDEE.

I have the game still on CDs, so I am definitely getting EE =]
    JuliusBorisov
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    For the record, Marketh's Ring from UB is not included. It introduces some fundamental changes to some key characters (Ginafae is completely different) and really stretches out the Marketh sequence with a lot of pointless delays.
    ShikaoelminsterjackjackJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Wanderon said:

As it turned out I didn't even have the patience to wait for the first reply before purchasing IWDEE - thats the GOOD news!

The BAD news is I'm on Time Warner Cables bargain basement $14.99 internet service and it's going to be another 3 hours or so before the download is complete... LOL

Well, you can always peruse the manuals in the meantime. Just to get some ideas about what you want to play.

http://www.beamdog.com/files/iwdee/iwdee_manual1.pdf
    http://www.beamdog.com/files/iwdee/iwdee_manual2.pdf
    ShikaoWanderonjackjackBlackraven
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Wanderon said:

Money is not the issue at all here it's more about content -

I just blew $75 on DAI only to discover my machine won't handle it (and that it mostly sucks for a PC anyway) and refund is not possible so $20 for IWDEE is a bargain if there's enough new stuff to fool with - I really need a game to play while I wait for PoE to be finished.

Wanderon... Good to hear from you again.

Am I assume you'll be doing some threads in the Challenges and Playthroughs sub-forum? Something along the lines of no R&R campaigns or Tulia Twinaxe's Saga.

WanderonBlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    @Redrake - perhaps - game finished downloading after only 4 hours or so -currently working on rolling some characters to choose from hoping I'll figure out a theme or party concept along the way - so many things I have forgotten about how things work in this game LOL
    jackjackmlneveseJuliusBorisovelminster
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Wanderon Going a long time without playing a game has its advantages.. when you play again it's almost as if you're playing it for the first time.
    jackjackJuliusBorisovelminster
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    mlnevese said:

... when you play again it's almost as if you're playing it for the first time.

What do you mean almost? It's been so long since I've played this game it is like I was playing it for the first time. I remember virtualy nothing from my previous run through.

mlneveseelminster
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I played the early parts a LOT back in the day (chronic restarter) and when I got IWD Complete I played up to Dragons eye (? where the lizard king was) so fairly recently so the early game is pretty familiar to me - but the things I forget are stuff like do sorcerers and bards have spells effected by charisma like IWD 2? What are the best weapons for X to wield - the sort of stuff you kind of need to know when putting your party together so you don't get halfway through the first few areas and think - damn wish I had done THIS.... ;-)
    jackjackJuliusBorisovShikaomlnevese
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Good purchase wanderon! You won't regret it.
    elminsterWanderonjackjackJuliusBorisov
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    Only if you don't mind a very linear game with few side quests, having played both IWD 1 and 2 don't expect an Baldur's gate game, though the story line is very good in both 1&2 though IWD2 does have a better story.
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    toshiro said:

Only if you don't mind a very linear game with few side quests, having played both IWD 1 and 2 don't expect an Baldur's gate game, though the story line is very good in both 1&2 though IWD2 does have a better story.

I'm pretty sure your post is late and useless. Wanderon already bought the game, is no new player and he posted in quite a few threads already.