Skip to content

[Needs Repro] Bug on Candlekeep Chapter 6 ("you don't have permission to initiate dialog")

maxophonemaxophone Member Posts: 6
edited August 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Hey folks, sorry for my bad english. I'm having the following problem: on Chapter 6, when i get to 6th level of the library, the gatekeeper tries to talk to me, but everytime appears the message "you don't haver permission to initiate dialog". So, i'm stuck in the library, and can't talk to anyone no more. Please help me, thanks in advance.

@elminster edit: I tried repoing this but was unable to replicate the issue. Given how much time has passed and the lack of additional repo steps provided I've also closed the thread.
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Are you playing in multiplayer?
  • maxophonemaxophone Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2014
    Yes, multiplayer with 6 characters.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2014
    Go to Character Arbitration -> Permissions and give yourself permission to initiate dialogue (or get the host to do this if you are not the host).
    I'm playing a multiplayer offline, I've created all the six characters. So, I'm the host, and I've already have the permission to initiate dialog.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Have you tried copying and pasting your save into the single player file and playing it as a single player save? That way the game won't even ask for permissions.
    Hey, I tried you suggestion and it worked! Thank you veeeery much, mate!
    Tried your suggestion and it worked! Thank you very much!!!
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    No problem. :) (I'm assuming you mean mine).
    Just in case you might want to keep the old save though in case the devs would like to investigate further.
    Yeah, for sure! I've made a backup of it. Thx again, wubble.
    wubble
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    You should be able to attach a zipped save now @maxophone‌

Would be great if you could provide any more information such as pc/mac/..., beamdog/steam/..., and language if not using English.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.