Skip to content

Dungeon-Be-Gone & Me

TalheTalhe Member Posts: 5
So, I'm feeling pretty stupid posting this, but I can't seem to get DBD to work. I put the RAR in the game directory and extracted the stuff so that there's three things called "DungeonBeGone" in said folder, but the mod isn't working for me. I'm positive I'm doing something wrong, and I really, really don't want to repeat the dungeon for the Xth time (especially after losing my saved game files when updating the OS -_-).

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Did you run the setup.exe? It should be one of the 3 things named "DungeonBeGone".
  • TalheTalhe Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2014
    I tried. The first one doesn't open a window, the second, a .command, won't let me do anything because I don't have access privileges, and the third can't be opened as I don't have the requisite tools/apps/whatever. I went into "get info" and unlocked everything, but it still won't let me in because I don't have access privileges.
    Post edited by Talhe on
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    There should be a .tp2, a .debug, and a .exe. You want to run the .exe. As far as access priviliges, I'm not sure. Maybe try right clicking and run as administrator? Also, I think Windows can be bit picky when something is trying to modify files in Program Files. It might help to try installing the game somewhere else (e.g. C:\Games)
    jackjack
    I probably should've mentioned this in the first post, but I'm running this stuff on a Mac (and I got the DBG for Macs).
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    The Finder can only set read & write permissions. The .command file and the weidu binary need execute permission.

Check out my guide for installing mods on OSX:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31155/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-installing-mods-on-osx/p1

Also, if you want to avoid the command-line, you can use @subtledoctor‌'s WeiDU Launcher for OSX in place of Step 4 in the guide.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-weidu-launcher-for-os-x/p1
    jackjack
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    is dbg even EE compatible? It is like one of the first mods for vanilla SOA
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

is dbg even EE compatible? It is like one of the first mods for vanilla SOA

It is compatible with BG2EE. http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,28787.0.html
    jackjack
    Sorry for not responding sooner; things have been hectic.

So, the thing I think happened was that I installed Yosemite on my mac, and for some reason that created two BG2 folders. To save out on a headache I decided to delete, then reinstsall the game, hoping to simplify things. I did... and now when I hit the "launch" from the launcher, it just quits on me. -_-

I don't think the game wants me to have fun.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    hey i also keep getting "permission denied" when trying to run this. tried the launcher app, also didn't work. tried doing sudo !! in terminal.. didn't work. what gives? i've installed it before, i'm certain.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Take a look at Skip Chateau Irenicus. It's meant as an improved version of DBG for BG2EE which also properly handles items and equipment you missed in the dungeon.
    ineth
    argent77 said:

Take a look at Skip Chateau Irenicus. It's meant as an improved version of DBG for BG2EE which also properly handles items and equipment you missed in the dungeon.

yeah, it's only available for windows though so...
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    It works on Mac and Linux as well.

You can fetch the correct Weidu binary from here: http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/

Rename "weidu" into "setup-SkipChateauIrenicus" to make it work on your system.

Afaik, most Mac or Linux users use a global Weidu binary for all their mods or a mod manager, that's why I don't usually include the binary for these systems.
    edited August 2016
    oh wow.. so i run basically any weidu mod with an .exe file ? that's great news, thanks! i'll give it a go.

edit- didn't work, i need a command file. i'll see if i can make one myself but i doubt it.
    edit 2- okay got it to work with the weidu launcher. great, i feel like a computer genius now, thanks for the help.