Skip to content

Can't buy Ankheg plate (spoilers)

I sold some shells to the guy in Beregost. Shouldn't I be able to buy some armor after 10 days?

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Not if you sold them. You have to arrange a commission instead of selling Taerom the shells.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Creating the Ankheg plate mail involves following through with a particular conversation choice you have with him.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Aww crud. LOL.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    there's always the one that's already in the game...

...unless you already have that
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Klorox‌

Taerom will offer you to buy an Ankheg shell if you have one. But you should say you don't want to sell it. Then he will offer you to make an Ankheg armour.

In BGEE it will take 4000 gp and 3 days for Taerom to make an armour.

Note that you can sell each Ankheg shell for 500 gp each. But if you have several Ankheg shell simultaneously in a pack, Taerom will buy them all for 500 gp. In order to make it right, leave only one Ankheg shell in your inventory (put others to the floor, for e.g.), speak to Taerom and sell it to him. Then take another Ankheg shell, speak to Taerom and sell it to him. This way you can more than compensate for a huge price of your Ankheg armour.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    bengoshi said:

@Klorox‌
    But you should say you don't want to sell it. Then he will offer you to make an Ankheg armour.

And keep in mind that he will only offer to make a single suit. After that he will only buy the shells from you. So the most you can have is 2 suits of Ankheg armour in the game. The other one you have to find.

• schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    At least on my phone version of the game, he no longer buys all of the shells at once - they're now one at a time. I found this out by accident one time when I forgot to stash my extras in the barrel outside